Dinky SS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dinky SS

What would the "SS" stand for here anyway? Short Scale? But if it was, they could've just called it a Fusion... [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Michael:
      I've actually seen a Dinky SS before, too. Looked just the same as this one, except white.

It's weird that it never seems to have made the catalog, though. Maybe it's some sort of limited run, like the MF-only imports they did later?

Mike
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yeah thanks Mike ! I have never seen one up here in Canada . I have seen the dinky ex witch is similar but just with 2 hums and a single . also I have never seen any trans red guitars up here either from the japan pro line just trans blue lol //Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane:
        What would the "SS" stand for here anyway? Short Scale? But if it was, they could've just called it a Fusion... [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I thought it was refering to the single coils or something ? but I'll check the length when I get home tonight from work and let ya know ... also I can't take the neck off now just re strung her last night new jack as well now I just need a new white or blk pearl pickgard and my hz h3/h4 or maybe I'll go with a JB this time no rush on that thats forsure no cash now . //Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane:
          What would the "SS" stand for here anyway?
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Maybe it's a secret Hitler/Nazi SS model? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Strange, it doesn't look like this SS:

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubb/noncgi/...300;p=1#000012
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
              Strange, it doesn't look like this SS:

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubb/noncgi/...300;p=1#000012
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Is that one considered a "Dinky" SS, though? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Eh, probably not. Steve, is yours Short Scale?
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
                  </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Sunbane:
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Maybe it's a secret Hitler/Nazi SS model? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">that would go over good on stage since I am bald [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                    Eh, probably not. Steve, is yours Short Scale?
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">sorry man I never measured it yet . tomorrow if I remember . and no I wouldn't buy on of those ugly ss models lol //Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve:
                      </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by toejam:
                      </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Sunbane:
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Maybe it's a secret Hitler/Nazi SS model? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">that would go over good on stage since I am bald [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] //Steve </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

hey guys I think I am gonna keep that Jackson pickup for awhile now . that thing is totally smoking !!!! I put some new strings on it and tuned it down to C# and it blows both my emg hz,s and my duncan designed pickups away as far as punch and bottom end clarity , I mean the dd and the Hz's sound great but this pickup bites you in the nuts totally . I was so shocked . very smooth with the tone control rolled back a bit as well . but I am gonna put new /better pots in there as well cause the tone control is a bit fuzzy for me , had the same problem with the hz's till I put some wd pots in there changed the whole sound of the tone pot , alot nicer . anyway I forgot over the years just how good those old Jackson pickups really sounded I like !!! //Steve

Comment

Working...
                        X