Dinky SS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinky SS

... so I was bored today and didn't want my alvarez acoustic any more so I traded it right accross for this http://ca.f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/...&.dnm=8f55.jpg heres another http://ca.f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/...&.dnm=259b.jpg I am gonna put a blk pearl pick gard on her and one emg 81 I think . got to put a new jack in sometime this week but other than that it's pretty mint [except for a little rust] , came with a hardshell case as well . //Steve

Re: Dinky SS

Cool deal!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
      Cool deal!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">thanks bro , the wife wasn't even to bad about it this time lol but she didn't want me to trade my acoustic cause once I get my theroy down I will probably be teaching but that will be a while and I had this guitar that was in the closet that I wasn't playing , and I hate that man ! lol ! .. but toejam have you ever tryed that guitar before ? a dinky ss ? the bloody neck on this thing is better/thinner than any guitar I have ever owned [same as the fusion I gave to Dave a while ago I think] , but the jack is crackly but I'll fix it on friday when I have sometime man . but I think a pearl pickgard or a blk pearl pickgard is due forsure hey ? and with a single emg 81 she will rock forsure , but that jackson pick up thats in there is pretty good , I'd say a cross between a JB and the duncan distortion . I've played these pickups before but not threw my current rigg , but my emg hzs are better , acually I just reliezed that it's gonna have to be a passive pick up cause I don't want to take the pickgard off every time but I geuss I could route a 9 volt battery box in the back ... fuck it I am gonna put a hz in her I guess lol probably a h4 .. you guys got any other good suggestions ? something like a 81 ? anyone try the dimebucker yet ? //Steve

Comment

I've never tried one of those, so I don't really know about the neck. About the pickup, I guess the best thing would be to route a battery cavity if you're going to go with an 81. If you just want to go passive, I'd go with a DiMarzio X2N as that's about the closest you'd get to an 81 in passive. Actually, the X2N is hotter than the 81 and I used one for years in my old Kramer, now it's in my Warrior with a Super 2 in the neck... lots of power!! A Duncan Invader is pretty cool and powerful too, but it's darker with more mids and bass.

Comment

Does it say Dinky SS on the truss rod cover? I am not sure there is such a model.
          Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by TEKKY:
            Does it say Dinky SS on the truss rod cover? I am not sure there is such a model.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yeah man it does , the pic is blurry its in the 95 catalog I think or the 94 . if you get the opertunity to try one do so cause I was just playing the thing and fuck man the neck is awesome ! //Steve

Comment

Hmm, looks like a model was missed on the old MoAIP...
              Occupy JCF

Comment

I've never heard of a Dinky SS either, but there was an SS1 model. I believe it was an archtop and had a Wilkinson, though, and the 3+3 headstock, and it might have been similar to the Super Dinky or AT1, IIRC. Steve's model seems to be more like a Dinky Standard, but didn't they have pickguards that matched the body color?

Comment

... yeah I checked my catalog [the 94/95 ] and thats a dinky ex in there ? 2 hums and a single coil in the middle , same pickgard too . I don't know what catalog the dinky ss is in ? but thats what she says on the truss cover ? does any one else know when these were made ? //Steve

Comment

anyway heres some more pics and a good one of the headstock/trusscover . http://ca.f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/...bum?.dir=/1f9b //Steve

Comment

looks good, Steve. Trust you to find some unknown, unrecorded, unlisted oddball. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

It does look most like a Dinky Standard, and don't forget that the pickguard could be swapped out. Pulled the neck off her yet?
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG:
                        looks good, Steve. Trust you to find some unknown, unrecorded, unlisted oddball. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

It does look most like a Dinky Standard, and don't forget that the pickguard could be swapped out. Pulled the neck off her yet?
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">no I am gonna wait , I could get something from Kevin cheap for a neck . I think I'll keep this one cause the neck is so bloody thin awesome for speedy solo stuff or big huge chords and stuff cause there is hardly anything there . but yeah I am gonna put a new pick gard on her and one hum in there . at least it will be eazy to restore her if I do sell . far better than my acoustic hey lol my behringer pedal I am getting is suppose to have a acoustic sim on it so thats good enough for me , I hate that unplugged sound with out chorus , and I don't like the chorus mixed with a real acoustic tone so It kinda had to go , also i hate camping lol ! and I am playing in so many different bands with diffrent tunings I really need like 4 or 5 electric guitars lol ! had to mod my strings as well down to 10 to 52,s cause every week I have to tune up or down anywhere from standard tuning to C# to D .//Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve:
                          ... yeah I checked my catalog [the 94/95 ] and thats a dinky ex in there ? 2 hums and a single coil in the middle , same pickgard too . I don't know what catalog the dinky ss is in ? but thats what she says on the truss cover ? does any one else know when these were made ? //Steve
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, I had a Fusion PRO with a Dinky LT truss rod cover. So who really knows. As far as it being a Dinky STD, I wouldn't say that. The dinky STD has a Schaller Tremolo, a pickguard that is clear (only for show, controls are rear-mounted), matching pickups, 24 frets, and matching dot inlays.
                          Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by Steve:
                            </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by VitaminG:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">no I am gonna wait , I could get something from Kevin cheap for a neck . //Steve </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think G means to pull off the neck and check to see if there's a model number or anything written on the neck heel or in the pocket.

Comment

I've actually seen a Dinky SS before, too. Looked just the same as this one, except white.

It's weird that it never seems to have made the catalog, though. Maybe it's some sort of limited run, like the MF-only imports they did later?

Mike
                              Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Working...
                              X