No announcement yet.

Post pictures of your DK2s Please!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Post pictures of your DK2s Please!!!

Sorry about the friggin HUGENESS of those pics bro; I didn't know that they were gonna translate over to here full-size like that, or I would have shrunk them down to a PC monitor-manageable size, lol; my bad!
    As far as fast necks go, fast necks necks are exactly WHY I switched over to Jacksons years and years ago! No neck feels quite as nice as a Jackson neck does, to these hands at least. I am definitely what you would call an anti-Gibson neck lover, that's for sure; I mean, they sound great and all, but their necks are like logs to me, and I would end up walking like a monkey before I was 40, if I had that heavy of a guitar strapped on all the time! But it all really comes down to taste and personal preference, in the end. Lord knows there are countless hordes of Gibson guitar lovers out there, who love how those guitars feel when they strap THEM on and wail! As for action, well I like mine set up fairly low to the fretboard, but not so low that your strings start fretting out in the higher registers (like some ppl I have known do, in the past; too low, and you sacrifice some tone and sustain too, I think. It all comes down to what feels good to YOU, in YOUR hands, regardless of what other ppl may think about it; it's like trying out clothes in a store and seeing which ones fit the best, and which please you aesthetically, as well. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks Karmic, its quite OK that the pics were big, except for the fact that I got the wrong idea about the size of the Jackson necks. So, thank you for the pics and clarifying the necks thing.

By the way, how would compare the necks of Jacksons to Ibanez or Kramers or other similar guitars? Thanks for your input!

Comment

Fragger - I did the neck humbucker route myself with a Dremel. It's fairly easy to do, but you gotta be careful and go slow. There was just enough room between the neck heel and the middle pickup route to do it, but the older (mid 90s) models sometimes had a little bit of extra space between the neck and middle single coils, which meant you could expand to a humbucker and the middle pickup would be the same distance from both the bridge and neck hums.

Adding a coil tap isn't hard, you just need a soldering iron and some solder, and a place to work on it (table, or just hold it in your lap like I do [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
          Fragger - I did the neck humbucker route myself with a Dremel. It's fairly easy to do, but you gotta be careful and go slow. There was just enough room between the neck heel and the middle pickup route to do it, but the older (mid 90s) models sometimes had a little bit of extra space between the neck and middle single coils, which meant you could expand to a humbucker and the middle pickup would be the same distance from both the bridge and neck hums.

Adding a coil tap isn't hard, you just need a soldering iron and some solder, and a place to work on it (table, or just hold it in your lap like I do [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

Newc
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks man, are there any web tutorials online, that would help a newbie like me better? Also, how did you get around making space in the body for the humbucker? Thanks!

Comment

Fragger,
            If anything, I would say that modern 6-string Ibanez necks were patterned after Jackson necks, at least with the ones I have played on...It has been a REAL long time since I played on a Kramer, so I can't really remember what their necks felt like....

Comment

Well thanks Karmic Bro. That's an interesting thing you told me about the Ibanezes. BTW man, would you happen to know of a site, that has tutorials for putting new pickups in, and possibly adding a coil-tap? I would appreciate it. Thanks for all your help so far!

Comment

here, check out some of the hyperlinks on this page, to get you started in finding the tutorials you are looking for:
                Technical Guitar FAQ's And Digests ...one of the links there should point you in the right direction! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks Karmic. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks for all your help!

Comment

Working...
                  X