What is this guitar?? USA or Japan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this guitar?? USA or Japan

My guess is japan - but you guys would know for sure [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: What is this guitar?? USA or Japan

Is it a soloist or a dinky? I can't tell from that angle.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

Isn't that one of those script logos?

Comment

It looks to be the older script logo, like what was on Randy's guitars... Another question would be, is it original?
        Occupy JCF

Comment

Comment

DOOHHHH - it is USA - look at the logo - [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Well, it looked older in that one picture.... I'll be back later, I've got an appointment with my eye doctor. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

But, I've gotta say... That body does not look like a Jackson body.. The double horn scallops remind me of a newer Kramer and the angled heel joint remind me of a Fernandes.
              Occupy JCF

Comment

Anybody notice the string retainer bar on the headstock? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Yeah, there's a couple of things about that headstock that don't look right to me. One is the string retainer bar. Others would be the finish, logo, and the shape of the headstock seems beefier. (but I've already established that my eyes are going)
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

Hello?? where's the truss rod cover ?? I'm thinking that's a complete fake actually. Usually the Jackson logo would match the USA font color wouldn't it? Actually, that control cover doesn't look correct either. Hmmm

I have no clue [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Dave->
                    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by TEKKY:
                      But, I've gotta say... That body does not look like a Jackson body.. The double horn scallops remind me of a newer Kramer and the angled heel joint remind me of a Fernandes.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Agree, and add to that: "U.S.A" - shouldn't it say "Made in U.S.A." on the headstock? Also, lower edge of headstock is much more curved than what i'm used to on a Jackson. And the ® is placed outside the "n" in Jackson.. that's wrong too, isn't it? It should be inside the "n". The ® also looks just like a white square.
                      Jackson guitar? Nah...

/Henrik
                      Henrik
                      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I don't know if it's a Jackson neck but the scalloped looks so nice.

Comment

Originally posted by morbid:

I don't know if it's a Jackson neck but the scalloped looks so nice.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My thoughts exactly.

Comment

Take off the neck - if it's a Jackson of any kind (USA or Pro) it should have the model ID inked on the end of the heel (Pro) or an ink stamp, handwritten info, or woodburned Jackson logo on the bottom (USA).

Newc
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Gotta go with total fake...chack out that weird neck joint.
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X