Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dk2 Tremolo

Originally posted by TEKKY:
    Remember.. The current 580LPs have angled baseplates towards the back. An OFR or a SFR will not fit in that routing cleanly... It'll fit, but you'll have those empty gaps on the top of the guitar.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That is a good point. My JT580LP is probably an older version - it has a straight baseplate.

'bane

Comment

Originally posted by slayer:
      Will the Floyd Pro fit? Jack.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's the same situation as an OFR or SFR.. Angled baseplate as opposed to a squared baseplate...
      Occupy JCF

Comment

Oh for Pete's sake, it's an import - shave two teeny tiny corners of the recess and quit acting like it's the end of the world [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I have one off of a DK2. It's satin chrome though.

Comment

580 vs. 590. What's the diffference?

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
              Oh for Pete's sake, it's an import - shave two teeny tiny corners of the recess and quit acting like it's the end of the world [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Nobody said it's the end of the world. More than anything, it's a cosmetic issue.

However, one that I personally find objectionable enough to refrain from the newer import Jacksons or Charvels. Even going by your suggestion of shaving the "two teeny tiny" there's still a gap that doesn't look right to me. If I mod a guitar, I don't want it to look like I modded it.
              Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by quiksilver:
                580 vs. 590. What's the diffference?
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The JT580LP is the low profile tremolo whereas the JT590 is a Jackson or Charvel badged Schaller Floyd Rose.
                Occupy JCF

Comment

Ahhh I now understand what you were on about Tekky......its gonna be half a centimetre at most gap yeah? Can't be that bad can it?

I guess it depends on the colour of the guitar and/or cavity as to how much it will show up.

Comment

Working...
                  X