Dk2 Tremolo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dk2 Tremolo

I'm trying to put together a Jackson DK-2. I have the body, but the Floyd Rose licensed tremolo from my other Dinky is to big. The DK-2 pocket measures appox. 92mm x 80mm. Also the post are a larger dia. in the DK-2. I'm I correct to assume that the Jt-580 will fit. Did Jackson use this for all years of DK-2. I'm not sure the year of the DK-2. Thank you in advance for any help.

Re: Dk2 Tremolo

I beleive the JT-580 is what you want, it is the smallest of all Floyds and has the loking pins right behind the blocks instead of behind the back of the unit, which makes it shorter. I don`t know who sells them though, probably a dealer on here thoguh.Try the banner above, Kevin should know. Jack.

Comment

Thanks. This board is great. Tons of information at your finger tips. Really helps me save $$$ by getting the right part first.

Comment

There will be LOTS of 580 trems coming on the market in a few months...for CHEAP...if you can wait. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I can wait, but why are there going to a lot on the market? Cast offs from the limited Import?

Comment

Y

(my shortest valuable post)

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Damn X, are they that bad [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] I know what you are talking about, but I am hopeing they are good enough to keep in there [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

It's not that they're so bad, just that with the LE you got 24+ of 'em that are gonna hit all at the same time, and there's gonna be at least 5 or 7 guys who'll rip out the 580 for a 590 Schaller or OFR. I prefer a 590 myself.

Comment

OK, I see, I will at least give the JT-580 a chance [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Maybe I will like it. Jack.

Comment

Personally, I will never play a guitar with a 580 again if I can help it. [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

'bane

Comment

Hey Racer X, will the 590 schaller fit with out modification? What model Rose will fit. I just don't want to hack up my guitar. Thanks.

Comment

The baseplate of my Schaller measures 91mm in height and 62mm in length. It fits perfectly in my guitar, having 2mm to spare on each side of the baseplate and about half an inch at the back.

'bane

Comment

Originally posted by louking:
                          Hey Racer X, will the 590 schaller fit with out modification?
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sunbane says yes. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I read a recent thread about how the 590 goes in
                          ...in the Tech Q&A section. Head on over there and browse or search.

Comment

I taking a guess that youre estimate is a bit generous. Remember.. The current 580LPs have angled baseplates towards the back. An OFR or a SFR will not fit in that routing cleanly... It'll fit, but you'll have those empty gaps on the top of the guitar.
                            Occupy JCF

Comment

Will the Floyd Pro fit? Jack.

Comment

Working...
                              X