Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My dinky,the neverending quest [pics]

[img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    Yep,2001!Ehehe,I've found this on the HC dr3 reviews page!
    Price Paid: US $600
    Purchased from: N/A
    Casa Musicale San Filippo

Features: N/A
    This guitar has been made in japan.I dunno the year.It has a poplar body,rosewood fingerboard,maple neck,a licensed floyd rose,H/H.

Sound: 8
    I love this guitar,the sound is really full.It has a pretty good body,really better than ibanez (I've also a rg550).The sound is well balanced,the duncan designed PU are not so bad,better than a lot of other stock PU.The guitar plays in a good way also with the stock PU,I think it's for the good body.Anyway I'm going to change the bridge PU for another one with more output signal.That's a real Metal Axe.I love it.

Action, Fit, & Finish: 9
    I was really impressed for the set-up of this guitar.I thought that it can have buzz problem or bad fret.I was wrong!The set up is PERFECT!A pretty low action and no buzz!The fretwire is perfect!

Reliability/Durability: N/A
    I can't judge it yet

Customer Support: N/A

Overall Rating: N/A
    That's a wonderfull deal.It kills my ibanez rg550 and the DR3 it's also cheaper!I'm sure that when I'll change the bridge PU this guitar will scream!BUY IT!

Submitted by Mordor at 09/26/2001 14:18
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Comment

Not that it really matters, but I thought the 010 serial signified a Korean made guitar. Is that not always true?
      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

yours looks like this here:

he says it is a DR3.
        here is thelink:
        i hope that it is not problem that i post an german-ebay-link here.

Comment

thanks Joe,it looks just like mine,but it has satin hardware,although pups are not direct mounted.I think they changed specs by years...now the only mistery is th sn!

Comment

I'd say it's a Japanese DR3 with just bezel-mounted pickups. It is kinda strange without them being directly mounted into the body.

Someone here had a Dinky with an inlay on the 24th fret, which is very rare. I believe they said there was a sticker on the back of the neck that said either made in Korea or Taiwan (I forget which), and I thought it was really strange as I'd never known Jackson to make guitars there.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
            X