My dinky,the neverending quest [pics]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My dinky,the neverending quest [pics]

So,my first msg here years ago on the ezboard forum was about my dinky.Now I'm going to ask again that question,cos still I don't know the truth!

I ordered my local dealer a DR3,that had to be built in Japan but mine has this sn: 01020450

This does not seem a made in jap sn right?
    I remember that DR3 should have also direct mount pu,but mine doesn't.Can you tell me which model is my dinky?

now I have good pics:

Re: My dinky,the neverending quest [pics]

Dang, that's some light-colored rosewood! [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img] Just looking at it, I'd guess it was MII, but didn't Jackson have some Korean made guitars back then also? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Didn't MIK S/Ns also start w/ "10" or "010"?
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Nope, no Korean models, except for some of the cheap Charvels/Charvettes and *maybe* the `90s JS-series.
      sigpic

Comment

Some of the performer series were supposedly of Korean origin also.

Comment

So it's made in india?!

Comment

Mh,if it's built in india,than it should not have the JP580 right?

Comment

Yeah, I was trying to zoom in on the trem as a way of IDing the country. If that is a 580, then most likely it's a Jap guitar.

Comment

The trem is a JT580,the screws to lock strings in the saddles are on the top of the saddles,not back the fine tuners.So why it has that sn? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

A quick & dirty way to find out about a suspect guitar is to read the features sections on Harmony Central:

http://www.harmony-central.com/Guita...on/DR3-01.html

They seem to match your axe really well, Mordor!
                  Reverse head & sharkies, satin hardware, JT580 trem, V/T/3 way toggle....and....most claim it's made in Japan. The DR3 apparently came stock with Duncan Designeds pups, and most of them seem to be Trans Green.

So it seems your axe is a MIJ DR3. Only mystery is why the 010 S/N.

Comment

It does not have satin hardware,it's crome hardware,and pu should be direct mount,but they are not.The rest of the features match with the description on HC.Is it possible that JAckson changed some feature for a little time?

Comment

More likely, somebody changed the hardware & pups before you got it.

Comment

I bought it new at my local shop.I waited for it cos it has been sent by the italian dealer.Or at least they (the shop keepers...) told me this...

Comment

When did you order it?

Comment

I can't remember the exact period...the board was still on ezboard..maybe in 2001.

Comment

All righty then. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X