No announcement yet.

Kelly XLR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He says the pickups aren't original, but the neck J50N is actually original to the XLR. The original bridge pup should be a JH2 (or J92 as noted in the catalog). I'm confused as to the control cavity route, as I'm pretty sure the one on my old XLR was the thin, oval shape.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

mine looks just like that with the big control cavity. my old ke3 and STD had the small cavity like the rhoads ex has

im not at home right now or i would snap a pic of the back.

edit- ok im home now. heres a shot of the cavity on my XLR
      Last edited by jdr94; 07-15-2013, 01:07 AM.

Comment

i was lookin audiozones gallery and guess what i saw...
        http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...R%2Fkelly1.jpg

Comment

Wish there were some XL's in Eu for grabbing... *cough *cough
          Last edited by Milchy; 07-17-2013, 04:11 PM.

Comment

or grabbing even
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

So who won this here? Seems like a score since it is a real XLR. I asked the guy but he never had the pics of the neck pocket or neck heel until the third time he relisted it. I was sure it was a hybrid XLR neck on KE3 body and at $499 buy it now and approx $75 for shipping I wasn't about to touch it just to get that XLR neck. But it sold $350 + $75 shipping which is decent for a rare color I never knew existed on the XLR.

Comment

i saw the neck pocket pic when you first put the link up(or was that link the relist). i had to go to the desktop version cause pics were in the description. Im curious too as to if someone here got it. it was a bit chipped up, but still a decent deal.

Comment

Working...
                X