I hate chrome hardware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I hate chrome hardware

Gun Metal Grey + Chrome, I agree. Black on GMG reminds me of a Nazi uniform [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

My blue metal flake Charvel I'm building actualy looks better with chrome.
      I tried black hardware with it and it didn't look right.
      The chrome makes the silver flake pop.
      I'm of the opinion that while every finish has it's place, it's all still in the eye of the beholder.
      Use what you like... to hell with what others think. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
      -Rick

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Gun Metal Grey + Chrome, I agree. Black on GMG reminds me of a Nazi uniform [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
        Sounds like a perfect scheme for a new Jeff Hanneman model. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

"I don't like black hardware on white guitars - makes 'em look kida plastic like those Mickey Mouse guitars."

Surely you jest, Newcster. Black hardware on a Snow White Pearl guitar is perfection itself. It is, in fact, THE finest color combo in existence for a solid color guitar.

Scrumtralescent!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Black hardware on a Snow White Pearl guitar is perfection itself. It is, in fact, THE finest color combo in existence for a solid color guitar.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100%.

And I think I made a bit abrupt statement before. As many have already mentioned, it really depends on the finish. For example Joe Satriani's chrome Ibanez; I think everything except chrome hardware would look out of place in that guitar [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            -Janne

Comment

yeah, that ibenhad is cool aint it...

I have two PC1s and the gold looks good on it, but I think chrome would look even better.. but I aint changing them out.. I have two chrome OFRs in stock, but I just can defile the alter that is the PC1
              Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

+1 leave the PC1's alone. Phil did a great job picking the color schemes. I wouldn't change them ever.
                Now about those chrome OFR's you have.. any of them with a 42mm (top mount) block? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                -Rick

Comment

I can't stand chrome either. It does make a guitar look cheap... I, like a few others, do like the satin chrome pretty well though, but for me I look for either black or gold hardware.
                  Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Working...
                  X