I hate chrome hardware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate chrome hardware

Is it just me or is there anyone out there hate the way jackson put horrible chrome hardware on everything Does it save them money or something? Its costing me a fortune to get it replaced with black hardware & what makes things worse is that fender will not sell you a black JT580LP or even the tuners its mad! I think its something to do with copyright laws? i was looking through the catalogue the other day & could of screamed i noticed if you buy a solid colour WR1 you get black hardware or if you want transparant colours you get crappy chrome OMG trans colours need black hardware its the LAW lol i wont be forking out £2000 for a WR1 or any other USA jackson without black hardware. Anyone interested in a chrome JT580LP & set of Tuners LMAO

Re: I hate chrome hardware

+1

Chrome hardware makes guitars look cheap.
    -Janne

Comment

no thanks. i too hate chrome hardware. makes the guitar look cheap.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Yep. Black for me as well.

Comment

I LOVE CHROME HARDWARE! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

And my buddy as well, he modified his early 90's Rhoads Pro with chrome tuners, a chrome trem, chrome skull knobs, chrome pickup rings and built his own diamond plate pickguard.

Looks massively awesome. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
          http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

I have to agree on both fronts Chrome makes some guitars look cheap, also if done on the right guitar & finish it can make a guitar really stand out. Personally Black all the way.
            According To The Prophecy

Comment

I should have also mentioned that I absolutely love black hardware too. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

It's the gold that I can't stand. Especially when it wears off.

Oh, and there's one thing that IMO could make any guitar look like a cheap plastic toy... SATIN chrome hardware, like on the KV3. [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]
              http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

+1

I am converting my KVX10 to black hardware using my DXMG. BTW that means I have a black JT580 for you if the price is right [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Satin chrome was the single greatest hardware color mistake ever. Period. It looks like plastic. Not just any old plastic, but CHEAP plastic.

Nothing wrong with chrome, gold, or black, so long as it's in its proper place [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I like Black first, but Nickel second. Jack.

Comment

Chrome looks good on Black or natural guitars, solid color painted guitars black.

Comment

+1 for Black hardware... Although I am currently converting my Stealth from all Black to all Gold hardware, I love gold hardware on the right guitar.

Comment

I can't stand chrome hardware! I too think it makes a guitar look cheap if chrome hardware is anywhere on the guitar. For me, it's black all the way. Only time I'll tolerate gold is if it's on a JEM7VWH or something along those lines, otherwise I hate gold.

Comment

Balck hardware USUALLY looks best, but there are a few finishes that look better with chrome.
                            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Ok I'm gonna be the guy to defend chrome satin hardware here , I happen to like the brushed metal look on some guitars. Not on everything, But i do like the chrome satin finish.
                              According To The Prophecy

Comment

Working...
                              X