Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinions on the Jackson JS30 guitar please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Opinions on the Jackson JS30 guitar please?

I just bought my JSkelly a month ago, replaced the pickups and its really great.. I love it for only $500 with 2 duncans.. The major flaw, if you've ever played a real jackson or a RG or something of high quality, is the neck on the JS series.. They just feel so cheap and thick and crappy, and I bought a neck off ebay for $120 which im putting on my JSkelly once I paint the neck.. Then the JSkelly will be awesome, other than the plain paintjob, which I will take care of in the future. Great guitar if you only want to spend around $500 Canadian, so like $350 US lol

I would take a JS rhoads over a KVX10 anyday.. I played a KVX10 at my music store and it wasnt great, while I even liked playing my JS kelly with the stock pickups more.. But I dunno, Try before you buy definately

Comment

neck on js is very thin. i don't know what you tried, but on dinky is VERY thin

Comment

they are a good value guitar. the play good, sound ok, sound great with new pups and thats that...
        Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

I'm gonna make this short and sweet...I hope. The JS series (Yes, I own one. The JS30RR.) is a very good guitar for the price range it is included in. I picked mine up at 500$ Canadian including a hardshell case. (For Americans, that's about 415$). This guitar has been flawless so far. I run it through a Line 6 Spider 150-watt, and the sound is next to excellent. I actually kind of enjoy the stock pickups, as they aren't half bad. The rhythm pickup could be changed, as when I play any higher octave notes (anywhere from the 7th to 24th fret on the high E string) i receive a quick ringing sound that drowns out the actual note being played. The action is very nice. I did not modify it all, and it plays triumphantly. The neck is sleek and thin, allowing the upper frets to be acheived with relative ease. This guitar even sounds great clean, which is an added bonus. All in all, this is as good as a 450$ guitar gets. Hope this satisfied your informational needs. Any addition questions can be sent to [email protected]
          DIVIDE THIS LAND | DIRTY 'N' HEAVY, SERVED PIPING HOT

Comment

I didn't really mean they suck... just the reviews everyone had weren't that great. Actually, I thought it played alright. Like I said after playin with the whammy bar it came back to tune... it has a nice action. Only minor flaw I can find with it is the edges of the fret's seem a bit sharp !!! But that should be an easy fix (any sugestions for that?) I picked it up for $360 Canadian... so it fit in our christmas budget quite nicely Thanks All !!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Great guitar if you only want to spend around $500 Canadian, so like $350 US lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude.. You paid $500.00 Cdn for a JS Kelly?!?

Who did you get it from? Ed Roman??? [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Seriously.. DK-2 at Steves was $585.00 Cdn

JS was *at least* less than $400.00 (I think $365.00 )&lt;ouch&gt;

Comment

I think that a used DKMGT would do the trick nicely. Those pups would be replaced with some passive Duncans ASAP mind you.

Comment

that would be nice axe, but no so cheap anymore

Comment

Working...
                  X