Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinions on the Jackson JS30 guitar please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on the Jackson JS30 guitar please?

I am in the market for a hardtail Jackson with a TOM bridge and I stumbled across this JS model on ebay.

Jackson

Are they the bottom of the line and what is the biggest flaw with them. If it's just a question of pickups I do not mind as I will swap them out ASAP.

Commenst and opinions please?

Re: Opinions on the Jackson JS30 guitar please?

Other than perhaps the JS1 or JS20, it is the bottom of the line. However, as a former JS1 owner, I have nothing bad to say about the JS series. The "flaw" in most cases is that there is no standout feature about them. Cheap materials all around, so you're counting on good workmanship to get you by.
    sigpic

Comment

other than the naff bridge and dot inlays, it was a nice guitar for the money.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I wonder why they put that chrome hardware in them. Looks so cheap IMO(well, they ARE cheap). Black would look better.
        -Janne

Comment

What are they worth new and used please and is there any other hardtail Jackson that I could look into as well?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            is there any other hardtail Jackson that I could look into as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

It really depends on your budget. I think a DKMGT would be worth checking out.
            -Janne

Comment

Check this out.http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/...se_pid/511579/
              Great price for a new DKMGT.
              RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
              CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
              Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
              Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

FYI: That eBay seller copied info from the Jackson website, in which a few details are wrong. For example, the JS body wood is cedro, not alder. If you want a good mid-line alder-bodied Jackson with a hardtail, look at the KVX10.
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

It is great guitar for that price range. If you put some active EMG's it is even better. For like $400 killer riff guitar.
                  But like with all Asian guitars its best to try before buy. Its pure luck what you'll get.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    But like with all Asian guitars its best to try before buy. Its pure luck what you'll get.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would put the word Indian in there rather than Asian

The Japanese Jacksons are pretty consistent
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Technically, the only guitar Jackson makes with a "hardtail" bridge is the SLS Soloist. All the others are TOM bridges. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                      http://www.jacksonguitars.com/gear/g...no=SLS_Soloist
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Also, it may be kinda hard to track down (only about 100 made), but the Professional Series Dinky HX from 1994 is also string-thru.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Hello. I would put in another vote for the KVX10 King V. I got one used on ebay for around $300 and it's a very nice guitar. I love the super thin/flat neck. I also have a DKMG with an EMG 81/85 setup (much more expensive guitar) and the neck on the KVX10 is easier to play Metallica style solos on, especially the tapping stuff. The stock pickups in the KVX10 aren't bad either.

karl

Comment

do these js30 suck that BAD ? I just bought my son 1 for xmas. He's 13 and I played it and it seem's not too bad, came back to tune after whammy stunts. Pups seem ok going thru his line 6 spider. I'm sure it's a big step up from his squire strat.

Comment

I didn't see anyone here say that they suck. Just that you get what you pay for and they are an entry level guitar. A good guitar for the money. If your son is happy with it, then you've done alright. He just may be ready to move onto something nicer after a while. Plus you might cry a little less when he starts plastering the guitar in band stickers [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

But then, plenty of 13 year olds are bought relatively expensive gear and still look to move on after a while. "oh, the JEM that daddy bought me isn't letting me play as good as I want. Would an ESP be better for shredding?"
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X