Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhoads Pro in the house! (pics)

Hi everyone!

I just received my '93 Rhoads Pro, s/n J300041, which I bought from eBay a few weeks back. When I got it, it was way out of tune, one string flat, the second miles sharp etc. Intonation was out too due to loose intonation screws. The frets are gooey as hell. Seems like this guitar wasn't played for a while.

Anyway, the pics [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

As you may guess, I was pretty excited at this point [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Sorry about the crappy pictures, I'll take some more in natural daylight soon.

Damn this thing is amazing. Plays like butter. looks awesome and sounds heavy as hell. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Those reflex pickups are great. I was thinking that maybe I should shove a pair of EMGees in there, but frankly, I dont see the need.

My first "higher end" Jackson, and by the looks of things, certainly not my last! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    -Janne

Re: Rhoads Pro in the house! (pics)

Looks great. Those early pros are sweet. Good luck with it.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Very nice guitar, on my wishlist. This doesn't help me with my GAS struggle heh.

-Sol

Comment

Nice one, thanks for the detailed pics and strip-tease.

Comment

Nice one! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Kickass!!! I love the look of a black Rhoads, can't get much heavier than that! Thank you Randy for designing the worlds coolest guitar!
            https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Thank you everyone! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Here's one more picture:

That's the only major ding in the finish. I'm really amazed that the wing tips are flawless, not a scratch on them. Overall it's really clean for a '93.

I've been playing it non stop for a couple of hours now (along with my favorite standard-E tuned albums, Metallica, Sepultura etc.) and I have to say that this is by far the best playing guitar I have owned. It beats the MIJ Prestige Ibanez I have and my Gibson LP in terms of build quality and playability. I really like the neck profile and width. Perfect for thrashing around [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

And as I said, more pics to come once I polish those frets and clean it throughout.
              -Janne

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Kickass!!! I love the look of a black Rhoads, can't get much heavier than that! Thank you Randy for designing the worlds coolest guitar!

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly! Although I like white with black pinstripes too [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

The finish is metallic black on this one. Looks better than a plain flat-black finish imo.
                -Janne

Comment

Congrats!! Very cool! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Looks great, I want to get one of those as well.

Comment

Congratulations; looks great and cool deal.
                      Thanks for the pics. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Congratulations, man!
                        Great guitar... I'm astonished that you even had the patience to take pics while unpacking the guitar! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                        http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

if you do not mind me asking, what did you pay for it?
                          Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
                          The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            if you do not mind me asking, what did you pay for it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, the price. I paid 730 euros plus shipping. Yeah I know, you can get an RR-1 for that price in the US. But the RR-1's in european eBays are a little more expensive than that. I had heard nothing but positive things about these early pros so I thought whatta heck, just go for it. And I'm glad I did. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

By the way, I'm already saving for my next Jackson, might just be a USA model [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                            -Janne

Comment

Congrats!! Nice score!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X