Replacing original pickups- Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Replacing original pickups- Suggestions

Gotta go with a Duncan Distortion in the bridge and a jazz in the neck.. I need to buy a distortion =[

Comment

"Gotta go with a Duncan Distortion in the bridge and a jazz in the neck.. I need to buy a distortion"

This is the setup on my KVX10 King V. But they are the Duncan Design version (H103B is based on the Duncan Distortion and the H102N is based on the Jazz). I like these pu's, but is it worth it to upgrade to the real deal Duncan's instead of the Duncan Design that come stock?

Karl

Comment

i've got a mah star with a sd custom and jazz neck. and i'm diggin it!

in moh, i don't recommend the distortion. in basswood it sounds great, but i'd stick to a jb or custom or custom costom for moh.

or dimarzio super distortion

or emg
        Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I recentely ordered a Seymour Duncan Dimebucker to replace the stock bridge pickup of my SLSMG Soloist...just hope it sounds good!

Comment

I don't think I can ever get sick of my EMG's. 81 and 85.

I used to have a Duncan Invader in one of my guitars. Pretty bad ass pickup.
            Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

I think switching from Duncan Designs to real duncans are worth it.. ask someone who knows more about pickups though, im a newb

Comment

if it is mahagony, then i recommend dimarzio x2n or sd custom in the bridge position. i don't care for neck pickup, so i can't help you with that.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Gotta go with a Duncan Distortion in the bridge and a jazz in the neck.. I need to buy a distortion =[

[/ QUOTE ]

+3 That's what I have in my RX10D and sounds great together!!
                  "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

Does a Line 6 Spider II 112 75 watt count as a high gain amp?

Comment

Yeah im getting a Distortion + Jazz in my new guitar.. once it gets built hehe.. I mean, if I don't like the Distortion, I can always take my SH4 and put that in, and put the Distortion in the kelly..

Comment

Working...
                      X