Jackson DK2S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jackson DK2S

According to the web site, they have 10 of them left.

Comment

UPDATE!!!!! Ok, I orderred this guitar on Friday afternoon right? Well on my way out the door for my gig Saturday night I openned my front door and there it was!!!!!! Free shipping and it came overnight!!!! That's just really good service if you ask me. Anyways, I openned the first box, inside there was a Fender box......the factory sticker on the box said "Black Cherry DK2S Discontinued" then the box inside the Fender box said the same thing. I did not know they were discontinued.

On to the guitar. I spent about 30 minutes trying to figure out why it was B-stock. Well, it's because the sustainiac was a tiny bit crooked....that's all. And you can only tell if you look at it SUPER CLOSE!!!!!! I played it at the show right out of the box, and it was slammin! The duncan design at the bridge was a little thin and muddy, so yesterday afternoon I swapped it for a J-90. Now it screams with tone!!!!!! I LOVE THIS GUITAR, not to mention the Black cherry finish is really sweet.

People, if they have any left, snag one! It's a deal that doesn't come along too often for a smokin axe. Plus they take 3 monthly payments of like 90 bucks right off your credit card so that it won't strap you too hard!

I know....pics. I'm taking pics of all my gear later tonight so I'll re post a summary either tomorrow or wednesday.

[ September 22, 2003, 08:53 AM: Message edited by: VoiceX3 ]
      Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

You ordered it on Friday and you were playing it at a gig on Saturday?? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Awesome! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I got one too; the blem is a tiny ding on the back of the headstock; I couldn't see it until I felt it. It doesn't effect play at all, and as I said, you can't see it until you know where to look.

For $269.97 it is awesome! That's $200 cheaper than a DK-2 HRF is now!! Mine also said "Discontinued" on the box, but
          the catalog has the DK-2S in Transparent Black Flame, so maybe they want to get rid of the solid colors and will come out
          with the flametops at an upcharge in January. Black Cherry is my favorite solid color anyway, and it's a great little guitar!

They had some non-blems for $379, but I don't know if those sold out too. That's
          $20 cheaper than a plain black one, so I'd think they'd go like hotcakes!
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I bought one too. The only thing wrong was the single coil was a little crooked. Very nice guitar. Love the neck.

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat:
              It doesn't effect play at all,
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">affect

[img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

No, you misunderstood, Ron! [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] It doesn't effect play, just as it doesn't cause play either. It DOES enhance play, however, thinking of all the money I saved!

Just getting too eager there, buckaroo!

[img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

[ October 02, 2003, 01:17 AM: Message edited by: lerxstcat ]
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/affect.html

[img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Admit defeat, knave! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Score: RacerX 1, Lerx 0. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah, but my Bill Z Babylon Thread is bigger than your tattooed biotches thread! NYAAHHHH!! [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Well, I kicked Ed Roman's ass!
                        And I'm way more handsome than you, suckah!

so, double NYAHHHHHH! [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Only one of those statements is true, chupa! [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Infinite NYAAAAHHHHHH!!! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I bought a DK2 Flame for $200 at a Jacksonville Beach pawn shop in new condition. It's pretty nice with a TB4 and hotstacks in it, and the neck is fast and thin. If you don't mind the fake synthetic inlays. I gave mine to my 14 year old son.

Comment

Working...
                            X