Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Red Skulls has landed...

Tekky

Thanks for posting the control cavity pic. it does answer the origin. I still think it is worth every penny of what you paid.

Greg

I agree Jap control cavity. They used that cavity for the entire model 1 and 2 run.. Would that not ne up until 88 or 89?

Also, their was some short run of stratheads.. 50 or 100 I think

Kevin
    It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

No problem. We're all here not only because we love these guitars, we also wanna learn about 'em. Obviously I got hold of one that not too many have seen.

I think she's worth what I paid for her. Just in looks alone. As I said, I really wasn't much for skulls, but this one had my eye since the first time I saw it..
      Occupy JCF

Comment

Definitely has the Japanese comfort bevel with a control cavity that looks like it's from 1986(but this probably isn't an 86). The original Floyd looks like an add-on since the recessed route isn't quite long enough, probably came with a Jackson/Schaller Floyd.

If the neck fits tight without a gap, I'd say it's definitely a Japanese made custom. The control cavity really makes me scratch my head. As I remember, only in 1986 did the Japanese guitars have the San Dimas style small cavity. That's why you see 1986 Model 1's go for so much money on eBay. Certain scumbags like to buy them and build fake San Dimas Charvels out of them.

Comment

Yeah... great score ya rat bastard! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Very cool guitar! I've been reading this thread and hearing how "it's worth every penny you paid for it."

Exactly how many pennies DID you pay for it?

(And you can just answer in dollars...my math ain't that great!)

Comment

Just under $900, that includes shipping and a Carvin case.
              Occupy JCF

Comment

Update:

I discovered what year that it could possibly be. (thanks to Jeremy) On the graphic near one of the skulls I noticed the autograph of the artist. I can't read the writing, but Jeremy pointed out that it looks like a '90' in the signature.

[ July 29, 2003, 12:30 PM: Message edited by: TEKKY ]
                Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz:
                  I don't believe there ever was a Japan Custom shop...
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well there are a number of one-off Japanese guitars out there, this being one of them... And yes, there were many one-offs made in the Japan shop... Would those not be custom?
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                  X