Red Skulls has landed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Skulls has landed...

I received the Red Skulls strat-head that I won off eBay...

So far I only have the pic from the auction. I'll post more and give more detailed description by the end of the weekend.

One thing that I am noticing is that the dot inlays are very much like the dot inlays on my Charvel. Not much to go by, but hey, a boy can dream huh??

[ May 30, 2003, 06:17 PM: Message edited by: TEKKY ]
    Occupy JCF

Re: Red Skulls has landed...

Pretty cool. Defintely Unique. Congrats.

Matt

Comment

Are the graphics raised (3D)? It sure looks like it in the first and last shot...
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Congrats

Comment

Real nice, The headstock logo looks the same as the one on the snakeskin Strat head I just got. Does it say Made in USA on the Headstock? I can't tell.

Is the Bar a Schaller?

I love those textured finishes-reminds me of the old granite finish Jackson used to make.

Greg

Comment

Original Floyd. It doesn't say anything but Jackson on the headstock..
            Occupy JCF

Comment

Cool. This the 1 that had a possibly questionable heritage?

[ May 30, 2003, 10:51 PM: Message edited by: RacerX ]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thats sweet looking. Very unique graphic. Canngrats man.
                [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]
                Whoops sorry that last one slipped; [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

Are you trying to say that the picture does not appear RacerX??? Seems to be working for everyone else. Maybe I just don't want you looking at it... [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

I'm liking it!! ALOT!!!!!!!!

I got her home, threw the clip-locks on her and made some comparisons to my Model 2 body.

Results: same dimensions, one difference... The tremolo cover plate is recessed on the Model 2. But the tremolo cover on my JRS-2 is also non-recessed. But the pickup on the JRS-2 is closer to the neck then the "Skully" is. The neck plate has been modified. Somebody seems to have ground off the numbers and replaced it with 007. The neck is very thin, very much like my SD Charvel. In comparison, the necks are almost identical (my Charvel is birdseye maple)

Bummer.. At this moment, I'm classifying her as a mutt, but I have hopes that this is somehow a USA Jackson.

I just cranked the amp and she sounds GREAT!!!!!

After the little more playing, I'll change the strings, give her a cleaning and a setup. While I'm doing so I'll look more into what she's got... More later.. (pics coming soon - just looking for a little sunshine)

[ May 30, 2003, 06:32 PM: Message edited by: TEKKY ]
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

Well, whatever she ends up being, congrats. I wanted that one baaaad. If you ever end up selling... *wink wink, nudge nudge*
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

The Crackle is raised, but the skulls themselves are not.
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

That's what i meant. I think it's cool that the back of the body + the headstock is "done" as well [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                        Henrik
                        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Damn cool paint job on that one. Would look even better with an ebony board IMO.
                          I like it better now then when it came up in e-fraid.

[ May 30, 2003, 12:17 PM: Message edited by: Swillmaster ]

Comment

I can't wait to get home with it. I see two mods I'm going to do already...

1) The Schaller strap buttons will be replaced by DiMarzio Clip locks.

2) The 4th spring has got to go...
                            Occupy JCF

Comment

Hey Tekky

WE discussed this one here on the prior auction. When I see body pics we can confirm but this is most likely a Japanese Guitar, and not a Mutt. She was built this way. First, that guitar is worth every penny of what you paid. Less Japanes Strathead Jacksons were made than any other Charvel Strathead (I was told) I would have paid that if it was plain red but the sculls were not my thing....

When you get the back picture let me know. I have been running a thread at CC regarding bodies and identifiying them
                              It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

Working...
                              X