Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dinky: JS30 vs DX10

DXMG is the way to go.
    D-Tuna = not likely since the JT580 has the adjustment/string lock screws come out the top instead of out the back.
    KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
    I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Thanks everyone for the comments.

Hamner1, you are probably right about the D-tuna and the DXMG, but for the DX10, hummm... I've checked closed pics of the DX10 bridge and a Wolfgang equiped with a D-tuna and the bridge look quite similar.
      JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
      Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Take a CLOSER LOOK.. at the Bridge on the DX10D..

Notice how the string retaining block screws DO NOT exit behind the rear of the bridge.

Current DX10 uses JT-580LP.

This is the same Low Profile bridge as the DXMG, DK-2, ect..

A "D-Tuna" will not work.

Reason: 580LP uses short, stuby screws that exit BEFORE the bridge fine tuners.

You need a bridge that has the more traditional "behind the fine tuners" arrangment.

Basically, most Floyd style bridges that are not called " Low Profile"

Ironically, I had a DX10D circa 2003.. it came equipped with the JT-500 trem.. D-Tuna worked with that one.

Come to think of it NONE of the current line up of import Jacksons will work with a D-Tuna. (They all use the 580LP now, even the JS-30)

Another note, on recessed style trems.. the D-Tuna bangs into the body when you pull up. (But it does work)

Comment

Thanks 2Loud2Old for your clear answer!!!

The DX10 bridge i've seen must have been one from the same year as your DX10...

Thanks again for all the help guys. You all rock.
          JB aka BenoA

Comment

I went to go buy a D-Tuna, but it said on the package, 'Only Good for Non-Recessed Tremolos"

Comment

I have a DX10, must be an older one. I'm pretty sure it has a JT-580, and not a JT-580LP. DX10's are fairly easy to find on eBay. It's also easy to tell what bridge one has thanks to this thread. ----> Link to Floyd Rose Info in Tech Q&A

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I have a DX10, must be an older one. I'm pretty sure it has a JT-580, and not a JT-580LP. DX10's are fairly easy to find on eBay. It's also easy to tell what bridge one has thanks to this thread. ----> Link to Floyd Rose Info in Tech Q&A

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup.. the 580 was the trem found on older DX10Ds.. and RX10D.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  It's also easy to tell what bridge one has thanks to this thread. ----> Link to Floyd Rose Info in Tech Q&A

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for sharing!!! Very interesting!!! My old Charvel model4 has a JT-6.
                  JB aka BenoA

Comment

I'd get a DX10 or a Dxmg, but i'd forget the Js30. Ok guitar, but didnt feel solid as a Dxmg or a Dx10.

Comment

If you can find a used made in Japan JS30 grab it because they are as solid as a rock.Basswood body "old school" style neck 12th fret dots just like the model series Charvels.Drop in the pick ups of your choice and you'll have an outstanding guitar.
                      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                      X