Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EMG Suggestion

[ QUOTE ]
    As you can see, the damn 9V battery was a tight fit in the tiny cavity, so the cavity cover actually bulged up a bit! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
    So one could say that the answer is "just barely."

Comment

NOTP,

I don't see how to get the 9volt to fit in my Kelly. Is yours a KE3 or maybe a thicker body or something? My bsttery is sticking way the F out there.

edit: I can see yours is different because mine uses a neck plate - yours doesn't.

Comment

My tech installed the entire EMG suite for me. I was quite surprised he managed to fit the battery in the cavity... not sure how he did it. It's definitely a 1996 KE3 Professional, normal thickness... I wasn't aware of varying Kelly body thicknesses.

Thankfully the plastic cover was flexible enough to accommodate the bulging battery. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

My battery (even without the connector) sticks out way too far. I'm just going to have to EMG some other guitar.

Comment

You can always route out a separate cavity for a battery box:

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Electronics,_pickups/Battery_clips_and_holders/Battery_Boxes.html

Actually, my tech was going to do it to my KE3, but I said I didn't really need it, and ended up selling that guitar.

Example of a dual battery box on my brother's Warmoth bass, since I always like providing visuals to accompany my text posts. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Well I finally installed the 89 neck & 81 bridge w/ the 18v setup in the KV Pro. It sounds amazing.
              KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
              I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

I just got mine done also, I went with the 85 in the bridge, and like you Hamner1, I have the 89 in the neck.

Sounds great, and I really dig the ability to split the 89, the single coil mode sounds killer!

Thanks for all you guys advice, you were right on with this combo!

Comment

oops! I'm a 'tard I meant to say 85 neck. I'm thinking of doing the 89 neck & 81 bridge for my DXMG.

By the way w/ 2 batteries in the control cavity there is absolutely no room for anything else.
                  I need to say thank you to Wayne (a local guitar tech) for the install. The man has always done great work on my guitars.
                  KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                  I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Excellent news, harrison.

I swear by that EMG combo.
                    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Dont know if anyone is interested, but I made a few Sound Clips for comparison, nothing fancy, just some wavs:

Sound Clips

The clean really sounds great, I was afraid it might have been lacking, but the split 89 really shines!

Comment

Thanks for those clips!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Awesome, congrats! I love the 85 in the bridge, and right now lean more towards the 60 in the neck, but I'm sure the 89 is great there as well due to the ability to split the coils.

Comment

Working...
                          X