Imports rule!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Imports rule!

i am in love with my 2002 DKMGT, it is one awesome guitar. threw in some duncan's and it's even better. i'm surprised not many have this extremely well priced axe ($379 almost everywhere now). peace.

Comment

Hello...I'm a newbie and thought my first post would be to boast about my import Jacksons [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ...I've got a DXMG with EMG 81/85's in her and a DX10D with Carvin M22 passives...both made in Japan. Both GREAT guitars...my other gear includes a Gibson LP Smartwood Exotic, a Gibby Gothic V, Charvel Model 1, my Warmoth "Kozcaster" with a 57 Strat neck and EMG DG20 pickup set, my Alvarez Artist acoustic and a Charvel 575 (?) acoustic.

Jackson rocks!!

Comment

Right now my only Jackson( or guitar for that matter ) is a PS-4 in transparent dark cherry.

DRH

Comment

yeah my KE3R is my favorite axe ever ! //Steve

Comment

I too have a trans red PS/4. It's decent but I wish the neck didn't screw up so much in this South Texas humidity. I'm always farting with the truss on it and just recently trem-blocked it. It's also the first and preferrably last guitar I ever owned which has the center P'up.

Comment

WOW!!! I wish when I get married and have some kids, my family will use Jackson too. Maybe even the dog!!! (I already have a dog at least, Katulain)

I'll let you know in a few years...

Originally posted by Hamner1:
              Unfortunately imports are all I have.
              Currently:
              DXMG
              Stealth EX (wife's)
              King V Pro (need to get that one home)
              Charvette (son's)

All of them play very well and have great construction qualities. The King V is my 1st neck-thru guitar, and so far I like it alot. I want to get it home and play it through the rack to see how that will sound. [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
              Facebook - Youtube

Comment

I have one of those Jackson Dinky RevPRO's that Musician's Friend used to sell for $299. Shark fins, HSS, Lic Floyd. I knew it would sound and play like $299 but be nice looking. First thing I did was purchase the EMG KH-20 kit (Kirk Hammett kit) and replace all the electronics. I also installed a Schaller whammy bar since the stock bar was awful. I bought a Jackson case for it too. Now it's an assault rifle. Not bad for a little more than $500 total invested. Have any of you guys seen these Musican's Friend Jacksons? If so, did they come with no Jackson neckplate like mine did? Mine is boring black with a serial number. Not cast.

I also have a Charvel Fusion Dinky outplays the Jackson. Thin, speedy neck. It had angled Bridge pickups and I had a guy install a humbucker. I shouldn't have F'd with it. It now looks like EVH's "Frankenstein". It used to look as perfect as this one:
                Fusion

Comment

Heh heh thanks Catzo
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

DXMG w/ EMG81/60
                    DR3 (soon as someone ships it... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] )
                    PS6T w/ EMG 81/85

i'll throw in my 650XL here too.

For the money, you can't beat Jacksons.

Now if only the Chlorine finish was on imports, or USA Selects... I'd buy every one of them. I can stare @ my SL2GX for hours on end.

~E
                    (Yes i resurrected the thread. again.)

Comment

JESUS CHRIST! I like that graphic!

Comment

I've got...
                        SL3
                        KVX10
                        PC3
                        KVX10 prototype
                        Charvel Model 1 (not sure if it counts, I'll go with it anyway)

Comment

I love model 2's and 6's..great guitars

Comment

My best Imports would be my 1994 Jackson Dinky Reverse Professional and my current one, a DK2 in trans blue. I put a Seymour Duncan distortion in it and it wails. I have never been let down by a Jackson.

Comment

I have mostly Japanese Jacksons and Charvles
                              It all started with my
                              92 Stealth pro and continues still.
                              93 Kelly pro
                              94ish Fusion XL
                              DKMGGC37
                              DKGC36 Lacewood w/flame top
                              Soloist std.
                              Stealth EX
                              Stealth HX
                              Model 3
                              Model 6
                              Fusion egg crackle finish
                              CX391
                              DK2S broken [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] needs neck.
                              A model 4A neck on a Chandler strat body with JT580 and duncan pups.
                              I think thats all of em.
                              Gil

Comment

Yeah I think that was mostly my doing that the family is playing Jacksons. I got my wife the Stealth (wedding present)and my son the Charvette (not bad for a first guitar, but could use better pickups:EMG

Yep it's a Jackson household here [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                                (only one other guitar: Hamer Archtop)
                                KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                                I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Working...
                                X