Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Made in Japan - Jackson Stars, best kept secret?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Made in Japan - Jackson Stars, best kept secre

That's what I was thinking! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The "Stars" in the logo doesn't bother me one bit--
      The rest of the guitar kicks so much freakin' ass, and it's no less a Jackson to me.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        The "Stars" in the logo doesn't bother me one bit--
        The rest of the guitar kicks so much freakin' ass, and it's no less a Jackson to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

+ infinity [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

There's no way I'd pay $1850 for a simple hardware swap [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Maybe for 5-layer b/w binding on the head, neck, and front and back of the body like an LPC (and maybe 3 pickups), but I'll take a "Gawth" blackout model and put gold hardware on it myself.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Key music in Shibuya is worth checking out... I can't exactly explain how to get there though. While you're at it there's an ESPee shop in that area as well, which I actually never checked out while I was there...

[/ QUOTE ]
          I picked up a (Burny) guitar there last summer. If anyone is interested, I'd be able to point it out on a map. If you're into Fender Japan stuff and high end Ibanez, it's a great place to go. I wish I had known about ochanomizu, though.
          Swee-Tone Bent Top-->TU-2-->NS-2-->Keeley MM4-->DL4-->Voodoo Modded TSL100-->Bogner 2x12

Comment

So could they get a 24 fret Rhoads in purple with a reverse headstock to me cheaper than a custom shop build of such a simple change?

Comment

Yup. Reverse head is an option.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                So could they get a 24 fret Rhoads in purple with a reverse headstock to me cheaper than a custom shop build of such a simple change?

[/ QUOTE ]

Purple isn't one of their finish options, so if you want that, you'll have to pay more for it. Before ordering my KS, I asked for a quote on a solid finish other than the ones they offer standard, and they wanted a couple hundred bucks for it, so I decided to go for EDS instead.
                Even if the purple finish costs you extra, I'm fairly sure it would be less than a USA custom shop.

Comment

Well, I think I'll be getting the KV-J2K only if they have one available. If they have it, I'll be ordering it from Ishibashi. Here's a pic. of it on the Ikebe site, it's on the right hand column:

http://www.ikebe-gakki.com/shopping_20.p...=&start_index=0

Comment

The kelly one is really really good.It would be the perfect guitar for me with duncans on it.How much is 163.000?
                    I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

$1408 US
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

it's a really really good price.this guitar screams " buy me"
                        I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Well, I heard back from Ikebe on the black NASL. Now all I gotta do is sell stuff to fund it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Well I heard back from Ishibashi, they said they have the KV-J1K, KV-J2EK, and the KV-J2K in stock. Hopefully I'll be getting it in about a week.

Comment

Sweet! Pics, my friend! Pics!

Comment

I tried to email [email protected] for a price quote. But no response? Any suggestions?

Comment

Working...
                                X