Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Made in Japan - Jackson Stars, best kept secret?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Made in Japan - Jackson Stars, best kept secre

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

Here's a guy who loves his massive hoarde of guitars. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Yup, Ikebe does ship overseas contrary to popular belief.

Comment

Hmmm...

*begins to formulate plan of world guitar domination*

instock inventory

Comment

Oh, so that Ikebe site DOES ship overseas eh? Dammit, I really want either the RR-J2E or the KV-2K, those look like killer deals.

Comment

Yeah, thats a bad thing.. thats too much acsess to JStars guitars...

instock inventory

Comment

Wow, this is an old thread. Anyone know how long it takes Ikebe to ship to US, or if you have to deal w/ customs or whatever if you get it shipped?

Comment

They'd probably get on it right away, once you pay up.
                  You have to send them a bank transfer or something, which takes a couple days. If you ask them to, they should ship by EMS and it'll get to your door in 3 days from there.
                  Some members have purchased Jackson Stars guitars from the US and had them shipped, I purchased mine in Japan and had Ishibashi web shop ship it for me before I moved back, and I also bought a used one at Ikebe and shipped it by myself to a JCF-er while I was still there, and none of us has had to deal with any customs stuff as far as I know.

Even adding the $150 you have to spend for shipping, these guitars can be a killer deal.

Comment

Well, I sent an e-mail to Isibashi and Ikebe today, and I'm still waiting on an answer from Ishibashi, but like the e-mail didn't go through to Ikebe for some reason. What I'm wondering is that on the Ikebe site, I see all these diff. ones w/ different finishes and hardware and stuff. Does that mean those were made specially just for Ikebe?

Comment

Ishibashi has a used NASL-160 in Antique Cherry Sunburst just like mine for $813USD (current conversion rate according to http://www.xe.com/ucc/ )

http://www.ishibashi.co.jp/u_box/ubox.cg...%2Ejp&tid=list3

Kinda high once you factor in shipping and a hardshell case (unless they will work a deal for a Jackson JJ model case), but for a guitar you can't get anywhere else, it's just about right.

They've also got a black USA KV2 listed as a Grover Jackson KV, and it's going for the same price [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

http://www.ishibashi.co.jp/u_box/ubox.cg...%2Ejp&tid=list3

Now THAT'S a bargain.
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Does anybody know if one of these dealers carries Caparison guitars though? Just curious.
                        According To The Prophecy

Comment

Well, I'm looking at the KV and RR models, and only Ikebe has the models that I've never seen elsewhere. Like the ones on this page:

http://www.ikebe-gakki.com/shopping_20.p...=&start_index=0

The RR-J2SP(BK/GOLD), KV-J2K(BLK), and the RR-J2E(BK/PNSW). Could I only get those at Ikebe, and if so, how do I send an e-mail to them cuz I couldn't get through to them when I tried earlier?

Comment

They still had the black NASL listed, so I caved in and inquired about it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Man, that thing would look sooooooo killer with gold hardware and white body binding like a Les Paul Custom [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Can't you do that with the semi-custom option Newc?

Comment

Can they remove the word "Stars" from the headstock as a custom option? HA!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X