Will a Jackson JT-580 Trem Fit My JS1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Will a Jackson JT-580 Trem Fit My JS1

Thats exactly what I have been tring to do. The spacing between the studs appears to be 2 1/2". I have not come across any bridge (hardtail or other) that seems to fit.

Comment

Maybe it would be easier to just pull the bushings out, dowel the holes and replace the fulcrum with a vintage 6 hole trem? I've never done anything like that though...

Or go with blasting/powdercoating the existing Jackson trem...

I think we need some input from Budman or Sully in this thread. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

That could technicaly work. Not sure what it would cost or who could do a powdercoating.

Comment

Have a look at this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/STRAT-TREMOLO-GUITAR...1QQcmdZViewItem

A bit pricey but it might work. 58 mm spacing? Break out the meter stick for that one. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Maybe it would be easier to just pull the bushings out, dowel the holes and replace the fulcrum with a vintage 6 hole trem? I've never done anything like that though...

[/ QUOTE ]

Not easier, technically, but probably smarter.. Or replace it with something like a Wilk or a Floyd with a standard stud spacing [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img][ QUOTE ]
            Have a look at this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/STRAT-TREMOLO-GUITAR...1QQcmdZViewItem

A bit pricey but it might work. 58 mm spacing? Break out the meter stick for that one. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don´t need a ruler, that´s about a 1/4" to narrow to fit [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
            X