rr5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: rr5

No, they are both trying to justify the top dollar they are paying(or would pay) for US Jacksons over in Belgium. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

wrong, it's not top dollar compared to other US brands to begin with, and if u look hard enough, it's not top dollar at all..
      and it seems we have found someone here from the US who's not chauvinist about US made guitars [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]
        I have to disagree here though. The imports might still be quite high quality, but they don't hold a candle to USA Jacksons in both build quality, quality of materials and effort. (didn't use to, anyways, recently it's been hit 'n miss).

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, you missed the Pro series then, with the ebony and MOP inlays, holy crap were they awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am fully aware of these.

Where are they still being made, and in which shop can you easily pick one up?

Uhuh, I though so, NOWHERE! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

If he wants an rr5 or a modernday import he won't come near the usa quality.
        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

ill might just save more money for an rr1t or rr1.

Comment

i think im gonna go with the rr5 i love the rr1t too but i dont think i will have that much money in time and i will praboly have enough money in 2 years to buy an rr5!

Comment

Ok, I'm gonna give my 2 cents here.... Between the RR5 and RR1 there are a couple diffrences as far as playability/sound. First, the feel of the RR5 neck is a little different feel because of the lack of binding and a rosewood fretboard but is quite negligable and playability is almost identical. The RR5 is a tad bit lighter than the RR1. The biggest difference I came across was the pots and toggle switch. Personally, I replaced mine. The toggle that came with it just felt kinda sloppy, cheap/toyish and sometimes just didn't cut it properly....the same went for the volume/tone pots however those did work well. After replacing those the guitar performed as well as any of my USA's. Tone quality is nearly identical too. I hope this helps.
              Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

thanks man awesome advice.

Comment

What about size:

I haven´t measured it but;
                  my RR5 is smaller than my ´92 Rhoads pro and my K. Bond Rhoads.

How about the RR1 vs RR5?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    What about size:

[/ QUOTE ]

that wont be kool if the rr5 is smaller than the rr1.
                    does the rr5 have a maple top for the transparent colors or is just a paint job? thanks

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]
                      What about size:

[/ QUOTE ]

that wont be kool if the rr5 is smaller than the rr1.
                      does the rr5 have a maple top for the transparent colors or is just a paint job? thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

We´re talking about a very small difference here, hardly noticable without measuring them against eachother.

The RR5 transparent colour models feature a flame maple top, it is very thin though, (veener?).

Comment

hey wat color is that?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          hey wat color is that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Natural finished, my fav RR5 finish [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

thats my fave too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] i should got one. i got the white with black pins. looks cool but the gold fades and looks disgusting after a while. after i get my 89RR refretted, im gonna replace all the gold on my RR5 with black hardware. should look cool

Comment

my fav is the black one.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                my fav is the black one.

[/ QUOTE ]

No it´s not, your fav is the natural finished [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X