rr5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rr5

any of u guys own an rr5 if u do how is it? hows the neck? wats the bad stuff bout the guitar? and so on... [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Re: rr5

Let me beat Ron to it:

Search function....newbie [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Yep..lots of info on that..
      But FYI...they are great guitars.

Comment

And I'll gladly sell you mine if you're looking to buy a used one.!

Comment

Excellent guitars! I found the neck a little too thin for my taste, I mainly play LP's

Comment

love it. perfect for me in every way. no real complaints at all. maybe a bone nut would be nice, but thats a cheap upgrade anyway.

Comment

The most obvious things lacking when comparing the RR-5 to the RR-1 are 1) no neck binding, 2) rosewood fretboard instead of ebony, and 3) plastic sharkfins instead of mother-of-pearl. You're still getting real Seymour Duncan pickups, neck-thru construction, and (to my knowledge) the same model of TOM bridge. The wood may not be as nice, but that's hard to qualify without being there when they select the wood.

Ultimately, I think the deciding factor is "Made in USA" on the headstock for many people. More of my Jacksons are made in Japan than in America, so I'm not especially hung up on that. It's the plastic inlays that really turn me off from the imports.
              sigpic

Comment

I have an SLSMG and it plays absolutely as well as any of my USA Jackson, but there are some major differences in quality. The nut, is lower quality, and the tuners are not as nice (although I may just have some bad ones on mine, because they look the same...
                Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

also the SLS had very low quality EMG's in it which I swapped for a couple of Duncans and the guitar now sings wonderfully.
                  Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

i have to agree some people just go for the usa guitars just for the name but they are both nice guitars.

Comment

I have to disagree here though. The imports might still be quite high quality, but they don't hold a candle to USA Jacksons in both build quality, quality of materials and effort. (didn't use to, anyways, recently it's been hit 'n miss).

Comment

I follow GoR completely.. if u have the chance to play an USA Jackson, u will notice the difference.. my USA (CS) RR1 does outrun any RR5.. which doesn't mean these are bad guitars at all.. just to be perfectly clear [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

but i only have a budget for about $1000 i could the rr5 or a used rr1t for very cheap. i dont know.

Comment

Used market, that price is definitly reachable.

Or save a bit more and get a new one from matt or scott.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              I have to disagree here though. The imports might still be quite high quality, but they don't hold a candle to USA Jacksons in both build quality, quality of materials and effort. (didn't use to, anyways, recently it's been hit 'n miss).

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, you missed the Pro series then, with the ebony and MOP inlays, holy crap were they awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X