Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has changed the bridge pickup in their DK2???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who has changed the bridge pickup in their DK2

In my RX10D that I just got with the stock HB-103s, I,m changing them to a SH-2 Jazz neck and a TB-6 Duncan Distortion bridge. Iv'e read that a quite a few people around here like that combo...........
    "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

The Seymour Duncan pickup selector function suggested the Blues Saraceno model as well. Some of the guys over on the Seymour forum are talking that pickup up as pretty sweet. Kind of a "best kept secret" type of thing. It is too bad that I am kinda cash poor right now...if I wasn't I would buy 5-6 different pickups and put them all in and pick the winner. There are just so many to chose from...and I have always been a DiMarzio guy, since the days when I worshiped Joe.

Mike
      Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

OK, after wasting most of my day digging around for info on the Blues Saraceno Trembucker, I am convinced this is the pickup. I am going for it...it is not an all out screamer...more like a PAF like tone, but designed for a guitar like DK2 with a Floyd. It is really fat and creamy, with a nice tight bottom end (that is actually a funny description!)and it really sings. I think it will sound great in the DK2 and give it a smoother tone than I have in the Predator, which is a fat screamer with the Tone Zone. Maybe I will get it and get it in by the weekend. I will definitely post impressions of it.

Mike

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          In my RX10D that I just got with the stock HB-103s, I,m changing them to a SH-2 Jazz neck and a TB-6 Duncan Distortion bridge. Iv'e read that a quite a few people around here like that combo...........

[/ QUOTE ]

Did the Duncan Distortion sound much different from the H103B? I've heard they sound pretty much the same.

Comment

I dont know yet, I get my guitar back on Thursday. The HB103s will be for sale if anybody's interested...... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
            "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did the Duncan Distortion sound much different from the H103B? I've heard they sound pretty much the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

Got the guitar back and yes, it IS different! The Duncan Distortion is hotter and much more powerfull and cleaner (if that makes since?)than the HB-103. Also the harmonics jump out all over the neck. The SH-2 Jazz I put in the neck is a great complament to the DD. Sounds awesome together!! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

I put the Blues Saraceno in today. Major, Major improvement. No mud whatseover. Very warm and fat pickup. Made a big difference.

Now, I need to concentrate on getting a good amp to take advantage of these guitars. The V-Amp Pro is great, but it is a bit too digital.

Mike

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Got the guitar back and yes, it IS different! The Duncan Distortion is hotter and much more powerfull and cleaner (if that makes since?)than the HB-103. Also the harmonics jump out all over the neck. The SH-2 Jazz I put in the neck is a great complament to the DD. Sounds awesome together!! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like you did good. I'd like to compare a Duncan Distortion to my 500T loaded LP Classic.

Comment

I got a Duncan Distortion in my DK2. I put it in before I ever plugged the guitar in. I love it. It gets all the 80's sounds I could ever want from RATT to Dokken. I had an ESP/LTD Kami that came with an HB103B. I wasn't too impressed with it, but when I put the HB102B from my DK2 in it it came alive and had the GL tone down to a tee. I'm still scratching my head over that one.

In short.........the DUncan Distortion is probably the best pickup you can drop in a DK2 in my opinion. It gets the job done very well. It gives you alot of variations in tone and harmonics. I can pull of some Dimebag harmonics with mine.

Comment

Working...
                    X