wrmg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wrmg

anyone else here own em'? how do you think they stack up to other import warriors? i'm trying to decide on whether or not to return this, have another week or two to decide. i like it, only beef is above the 15th fret gets a little difficult to get notes to ring cleanly (especially hammers, gotta pick the notes.) proper setup fix? the action is quite low at lower registers so maybe a little too much bow? i've always brought all my axes to a local luthier cuz of a bad experience i had in the 90's! i really need to learn to start doing my own setups though, just not acceptable anymore. any setups for dummies books out there?! [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/stupid.gif[/img] i need to practice on sumthin' cuz i don't ever want the death angel to leave my sight if possible!
    Hear the universe scream
    Bleeding from black holes
    Whom horns careless
    And whom God mourns

Re: wrmg

I got one (Trans Green), and I absolutely LOVE it. No problems at all above the 15th fret, and once I got real pickups in there it sounded nice too. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    I'd say have a tech look at it, if he can't improve it then you can still return it. There are quite a few people here with very decent set-up skills, but I suggest you use the search function in the Tech Q&A section or post a thread there.

Comment

thanks dude. what was your choice of replacement pup?
      Hear the universe scream
      Whom horns careless
      And whom God mourns

Comment

EMG85 bridge, 81 neck.

Comment

i just had my first 81 experience with the death angel, killer. i find i have to roll gain off my amp settings with it!
          Hear the universe scream
          Whom horns careless
          And whom God mourns

Comment

Yeah, the 81 has pretty high output, it usually distorts every clean channel. I prefer the 85 in the bridge position, it has just slightly less gain and has a more balanced sound to my ears. I find 81s to sound rather "hollow".
            Still it's a great pickup, even if it's a one trick animal, and in the neck position it usually delivers excellent lead tones.. for my needs, anyway. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

i may have to look into that once i get this thing playin' right!
              Hear the universe scream
              Whom horns careless
              And whom God mourns

Comment

Yeah those HZs and Afterburner just have no tone potential, as witnessed here [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                http://autumn-frost.com/mp3/NewcKaizen.wmv

Seriously, though, if the HZs are that good, an 81/85 can only be better.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I was thinking of grabbing a WRMG...if only it had a reverse headstock.
                  sigpic

Comment

Newc....I REALLY like that tune man....im totally stealing like half of it.... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Feel free to steal the backing track, I didn't write it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] poke

Seriously, that backing is from one that Chad Coggin did called Away, which Justin J Wakely posted in the MP3 forum, so don't go stealing from him [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

I'm talking about the leads.... That was you right?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          I was thinking of grabbing a WRMG...if only it had a reverse headstock.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's an option I miss, too. Same with KVs - reverse headstock and Floyd.. I'd be all over that one.
                          What about simply swapping the neck for a DKMG one? It's a bolt on, after all..

Newc:
                          I hate those H3s with a passion. No amount of good-sounding H3 clips will convince me of the opposite. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Superfly - Yup, that was me [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Baum - You're in denial, but thanks for the compliment anyway [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Loved it dude.....

Comment

Working...
                              X