KVX10 and RR3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: KVX10 and RR3

I believe that sometimes you get good ones and bad ones out of every model. I'm thinking that I possibly just got a bad RX10, and I got lucky with the RR3. There really is a night and day difference though. Maybe the MII versus the MIJ thing was a factor too, I don't know.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I believe that sometimes you get good ones and bad ones out of every model. I'm thinking that I possibly just got a bad RX10, and I got lucky with the RR3. There really is a night and day difference though. Maybe the MII versus the MIJ thing was a factor too, I don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true. I recently bought my son an RX10D and must have lucked out cuz it's a fantastic guitar. The neck plays extremely nice, the original trem had no issues, and it looks killer. It's satin black and has the darkest rosewood fretboard I've ever seen. The stock pups sound pretty good too. He wanted to ditch the chrome on it for black, so I swapped out the tuners, trem and vol knob. Looks much better. I'll swap out the switch whenever I decide to change the pups.
      My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        and it looks killer. It's satin black and has the darkest rosewood fretboard I've ever seen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bold words.

Calls for a pic or 2! [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Hah! One step ahead of ya Ron. I already planned on takin' pics tomorrow. So [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I want to take some pics outside to see if I can capture just how dark it is. If it weren't for the grain, you could almost swear it was ebony.

Comment

Is this the one we moved the strap button on?? Of course pics are in order

Comment

Yes ma'am. That be the one. I should have pics up tomorrow. Swappin' out the hardware really made a difference.

Comment

waffles
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                X