DK2-TBK arrival!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DK2-TBK arrival!

Looks great and a good score! Glad it made it safely.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Sweet! Black withEbony.

[/ QUOTE ]

What the **** was I smoking? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Hot Rails are nice, I put one in my SL1 and love the sound I get when soloing. I like it alot better than the vintage stack single coil that it came with. It's alot fuller.

Comment

Congrats!
          I used to have a DK2 and loved it!
          I thought it played real good.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Thanks everybody!
            I have thought about changing the pickups, duncans are quite expensive here though, so i'll see.
            If I were to change them (which I will most likely do eventually), I had thought about an sd hotrails or Dimarzio stacked hum in the neck and sd distortion or the likes in the bridge, and just leave the middle because I barely use it.

I'm looking to get a nice clean sound out of the neck pup, but also a nice overdriven/distorted leady-ish kinda sound (could I be any more vague [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]).
            Would It work if I put in a split/tap and wired it into the five-way so that in the neck pos. it would be hum and in say neck/middle it would be single coil/split???
            is that even possible!?!? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Opinions? suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]

I changed my stock pups with the JB/CoolRails/HotRails and couldn't be more excited than that [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img] Very versatile combo!

Keep on rockin' with that BABY!

Comment

Actually, the stock Duncan Designed pickups are pretty good. What you need to swap out are the pots. They are absolute crappola and will start getting scratchy in about a week or so. No amount of contact cleaner will save them. I have run into this on the last two MIJ Jacksons I bought - a DK-2 and a SLSMG. YMMV.

Comment

I like the Duncan designed pickups on DK2.
                They are pretty hot IMO.
                I agree. the Volume pot and maybe the 5way switch should be replaced with better ones and then all good to go.

Comment

Working...
                X