DK2-TBK arrival!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DK2-TBK arrival!

Well the DK2 TBK I ordered from Matt (mattsmusic.com) finally arrived yesterday [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img].

Took a little longer than I anticipated, but its here and I'm happy, so thanks heaps Matt! (Ordering a guitar online from the other side of the world is something new to me, and Matt was very helpful and patient. If you're looking to buy online, Matt would be my reccomendation [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

And finally the pix:

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Re: DK2-TBK arrival!

Very-Very nice indeed!! Congrats-Jack.

Comment

Nice!
      That fretboard appears very dark also, bonus!
      Now you just need some black hardware! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

<font color="yellow"> "Houston...We have a Jackson" </font>

Looks like it's ready for "takeoff". Cool guitar! Congrats!
        >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Sweet! Black with Ebony and fins, recipe for pure magic!

Black's also nice for the reflection you get, which in turn reveals the photographer in some akward pose. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Nice! My son has the DK2S in TBK. Great guitar. I tried to talk my son into black hardware but that was a no-go. Nice photo skills too. Any pointers? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Makes me nervous, though, cuz it looks like it's leaning over the edge of your deck(?). [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Thanks everyone!
              She's my first Jackson and Im loving her so far [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The fretboard is actually quite dark for rosewood, but not really anything close to ebony.
              I'm actually quite liking the silver hardware, black would be good too, but I don't think I'll go to the trouble of changing it all.

mhalsey - make sure its in focus and point and shoot? Thats pretty much all I did [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
              It was a little delicate with one of the legs of the stand folded in, but I made sure it was stable enough.

One thing I've noticed is that the volume pot has developed a bit of scratchy-ness already. I've heard of this happening to other peoples guitars as well, is it fixable with a bit of contact cleaner or something? Or do I have to replace the whole pot??

btw - the straplocks fitted no-sweat, so thanks to those guys who helped out w/ that [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

congrats, trans black seems to be a rare thing. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                Amp... Pioneer
                Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Congratulations [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                  Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

Ooooh shiny! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I've always liked chrome hardware on black guitars. Don't change a thing (except the pickups).

Congrats! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

congrats on the score! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                      but I have to say, that TBK looks nothing like a USA TBK [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, this trans black looks better than most I've seen! It's very subtle which I like! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Nice photos too. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Yeah, this trans black looks better than most I've seen! It's very subtle which I like! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Nice photos too. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                          +1

Good score [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice guitar man, Like Offrampmotel said, I would change the pickups though. Believe me I own a couple DK2's and changing the pickups will make it sound 100% better! Congrats!

Comment

Thanks everybody!
                              I have thought about changing the pickups, duncans are quite expensive here though, so i'll see.
                              If I were to change them (which I will most likely do eventually), I had thought about an sd hotrails or Dimarzio stacked hum in the neck and sd distortion or the likes in the bridge, and just leave the middle because I barely use it.

I'm looking to get a nice clean sound out of the neck pup, but also a nice overdriven/distorted leady-ish kinda sound (could I be any more vague [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]).
                              Would It work if I put in a split/tap and wired it into the five-way so that in the neck pos. it would be hum and in say neck/middle it would be single coil/split???
                              is that even possible!?!? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Opinions? suggestions?

Comment

Working...
                              X