Jackson DXMG vs DKMG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jackson DXMG vs DKMG

umm i was wondering what "quatersawn" means? does that contribute to a better neck...or just longer neck life?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      umm i was wondering what "quatersawn" means? does that contribute to a better neck...or just longer neck life?

[/ QUOTE ]

a quick Google search revealed this (amongst many, many others):

"Quarter Sawing is a method of milling lumber .The log is first cut down the length into quarters, then each quarter is cut, alternating sides.

Whats the point? Quarter sawing produces planks with the tightest vertical grain pattern. Aside from aesthetic reasons, this is preferred because quarter sawn planks are not as susceptible to shrinking and swelling, and the surfaces are less prone to checking. Also quarter sawn planks have a more uniform surface for finishing. It is also widely believed that quarter sawn woods have a better tonal response, and as such are better suited for musical instruments"

Got that from the Lutherie Dictionary
      Hail yesterday

Comment

deep...thanks..

Comment

Cool, crap you guys just helped me out alot. Thanks to everyone who replied back and helped me, I really appreciate it. Oh yes, Racer X Rules! I mean paul gilbert is great!

Comment

I LOVE my dkmg. I played both the dx and dk mg's before deciding. The turbo on the dk didn't really matter to me. The dk was about 100 more than the dx at that time and the dk just felt better all around. The necks were the same but with the curve top body of the dk just kind of molded into my body and perfectly into my hands. I relly love the fine tuners on the JT580. I can just rest my hand on them when speeding then I slide forward to do palm muting. The black on the tuners has kinda worn off now and it's bare now. LOL [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

I used to have a DXMG and it was great, I was an idiot for trading it. I ended up trading it and got a charvel model 6(because it was neck-through and I figured it would be a better guitar) it plays nice but the DXMG had a way better sound. I am now gonna trade my model 6 in for a DKMG. By the way does anyone know how good the boost is on the DKMG?

Comment

Working...
              X