Jackson DXMG vs DKMG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson DXMG vs DKMG

Anyone play this? I haven't yet... I just traded in my ESP M-1000 LTD Deluxe and they gave me about 500$ store credit. I can get a DXMG with tremolo bar, Ibanez RG1570, KE3 , RR3, DKMG or DK2 and basically anything in the 500-599$ range. If i got the dxmg i would defintely change pickups to seymour duncans JB in bridge and/or 59/jazz in neck or the vai dimarzios. Is the jt500 trem on the dxmg alright? how does it compare the the jt580 trem on the dk2 and dkmg model guitars? the jacksons are made in japan so there a bit better built then korean models. is the 500trem inferior to the 580? If anyone could help me out i'd greatly appreciate it.

Re: Jackson DXMG vs DKMG

oh yeah im really confused because people say midrange Jackson imports are good guitars because there Japanese and not Korean but then i hear some people diss them so im confused. bump

Comment

I know that MF catalogs used to say that the DXMG's trem is the 500, but I think that might be the earliest ones or a misprint. My DXMG has the 580 and I think it's a decent trem and I've never had any trouble with it. The DXMG is Japanese and a GREAT guitar with a wonderful playing neck. It was just a tad thicker that the neck on my Ibanez 550. I swapped out the HZs for the usual 85/81 EMG combo. You can't go wrong with the DXMG, IMHO.

Comment

So you'll basically trade your M-1000 straight for a DXMG. No offense, but that sounds like a pretty bad deal to me considering the features... Didn't you like the M-1000?

Anders
        https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Yeah anders. I mean the m-1000 looked great before i bought it (i bought it online at music 123 for 600$) but when i got it, it was hell. It was setup like ****. You couldnt get descent action without fretbuzz. If you bent up on some frets the note would just die out. The frets needed to be releveled and some were uneven. It just didnt play like it should for that price. I went to guitar center and picked up some Dinky model jackson and it played like a dream and when i looked at price tag it said 399$! Thats when i knew i had to trade it in for something that plays good. I dont know , maybe i got unlucky but mine wasnt built very good. BTW, so your dxmg has the 580? How do you tell the difference between the 580 and 500? because i see many sites saying it has the 500 than some saying it has the 580.

Comment

Just my 2 cents: I had a DXMG, and had a real nightmare with the neck, which was not quartersawn, whereas the DKMG's is a cool piece of quartersawn maple, which, to my opinion, is stiffer and may last longer.
            Now what happened to my DXMG may only be a rare case of weak neck (it started kind of twisting...).
            That was my 2 cents.

Comment

oh is the DK2 quartersawn? Maybe thats better? hmmm what about the Ke3? what theres so many strat type import Japanese Jacksons in the same price range as the DXMG that im confused

Comment

Ummm....the KE3 is far from "strat shaped" bro. And do you even know what "quartersawn" means?
                My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

You definitely had bad luck with the M-1000 but stuff like that happens when you order online... couldn't you just return it?
                  From experience I can recommend the DK2 and DKMG, I haven't had the chance to try a DXMG yet.
                  Basically every MIJ Jackson can be a great guitar (at least all I ever tried were!) just try before you buy this time. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                  http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

I have a DXMG and it plays great, better than the DK2s and DKMGs I tried, but those probably hadn't been setup properly...The JT500 trem has the string locking screws coming out of the bottom of the trem behind the fine tuners where as the JT580 has the screw on top of the trem, in front of the fine tuners. Also, the JT500 has a squared base plate while the JT580 has a baseplate that angles off. Hope that helps!

Comment

Oh cool. Isnt the DK2 Exactly the same as the DXMG except for chrome hardware and it has 2single coils and 1HB instead of 2 Humbuckers and the headstock isnt reversed? BTW, what is quartersawn and is it a big advantage? Do the KE3 and RR3 models have this? Thanks guys.

Comment

I never heard anything about any of the bolt on imports having quartersawn necks....I'll check it out...And neither my DXMG or DX10D have ever had neck warping problems and I like in Canada, where we have the most drastic temperature and climate changes ever...

Comment

I am probably gonna get a dkmgt with prianha inlays trans red or just blk next year [jan or feb] and I already have a dxmg gunmetal grey both are killer guitars I can't decide witch is better but they both play and sound great ! good luck ! //Steve

Comment

... and the h3's sound way bloody better than the jb give em a try 1st before you gut em . the guitar I teach with has a emg 85 in it and I like the emg hz's h3's way better ! the 85 is nice but the h3 sounds smoother and sweeter but still bright.//Steve

Comment

The DXMG is a real quality piece, and it's a great bang for the buck axe too, you should get it + $100 or so of extras for your store credit. Yes, it is very similar to the DK2, with the differences you mentioned except DXMG has black hardware and the reverse headstock (both of which look cooler).
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X