X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need your advice on this Rhoads

[ QUOTE ]
    thanks a lot!

I hadn't really noticed these things before, I was too busy drooling over the fretboard and inlays [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I hadn't got the chanche to play it.. I will november 5th

thanks for the link joblo.. can't wait to play it and check it out.. I agree it's still too pricey, especially with the rust..

I'll keep you updated [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

thanks again

[/ QUOTE ]

Good deal, glad to help, any Rhoads kicks ass dude! I've had my EMG loaded PS3T since '96 and it plays better than even.
    Check my Jackson themed Myspace page, hear some good metal, and check out a little shred fest by me.

http://www.myspace.com/joblo1978

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Also, check out the 2nd to last pic of the EMGs, look at the bridge saddles, they are all parallel to each other. Usually a correctly intonated guitar has them staggered. I would venture to guess that this guitar desperately needs an intonation set-up.

[/ QUOTE ]
      Usually, but not always. I had a Warrior with an Original Floyd that had the saddles all the in the same place, they intonated perfectly like that! Joe (Charvel750) also had a couple guitars with Floyd saddles like that.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Also, about the rust, you may be able to take a toothbrush and scrub with WD40 to easily clean the saddles and remove the rust. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]
          Also, check out the 2nd to last pic of the EMGs, look at the bridge saddles, they are all parallel to each other. Usually a correctly intonated guitar has them staggered. I would venture to guess that this guitar desperately needs an intonation set-up.

[/ QUOTE ]
          Usually, but not always. I had a Warrior with an Original Floyd that had the saddles all the in the same place, they intonated perfectly like that! Joe (Charvel750) also had a couple guitars with Floyd saddles like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

i also have guitars with the same saddle-setup and they intonate right.

Comment

Toejam: When I was typing that comment about the saddles, I actually remembered your posts (and Joe's) about the saddles being all the same place on that warrior, that's why I carefully put the word "usually" in there!!!

Comment

LOL That's funny! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] When I actually got the Warrior (MG body with PS4 neck, Original Floyd), it had 10-46 gauge strings, tuned to E, intonated perfect. I put 11-48 on it and tuned it down to D, I still didn't have to move any saddles and it still intonated perfectly like that. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

That's funny cause I noticed the saddles being off too. I look for that stuff. If the boob sellin has a guitar set up like that, you could fight the price and say you have to pay someone to set it up. (if it's set up like that he wouldn't know the difference anyway) knock the price down and intonate it yourself. (intonation ain't rocket science)

Comment

I think that 750 euros is reasonable price for that guitar.

Where is the trem arm? If the seller doesn't have it you can use that to lower the price a little bit.

Also a-string saddle lock down screw looks non-orginal in one of the pictures (or is it just me). Better check it out.

And for floyd parts I would check Rockinger

Comment

thanksto you all, I'm learning so much here every day [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The trem arm is included [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                    "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

I picked up a '91 RR Pro, same color, similar condition, with an 81 in the bridge and the stock Jackson in the neck not too long ago for $350 USD shipped. Sounds a little high, but I guess it depends on the market over in Europe for these guitars. Good luck.

Comment

jacksons are pretty rare in holland, i had to go through a lot of **** to get my KE3. I don't know if you'll find one similar to this on the secondhand guitarmarket in Holland, but check out Ebay Germany, thay often have better stuff for lower prices.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Also, about the rust, you may be able to take a toothbrush and scrub with WD40 to easily clean the saddles and remove the rust. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do not lube up your bridge! I tried cleaning the rust with some CLP and a brush and let me tell you what, I couldn't get the lube off and my fine tuners would practically spin freely. I would play the guitar for minutes and it would be out of tune because of that. That's why I replaced the parts.

It did get some of the rust off put the parts were too loose and it attracted dust like crazy.
                          Check my Jackson themed Myspace page, hear some good metal, and check out a little shred fest by me.

http://www.myspace.com/joblo1978

Comment

I'll keep an eye on german ebay Ben, thnx for the tip!

I decided NOT to get the guitar. it was too expensive for the state it was in..

thanks for all the advice and for saving my money [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] think I'll check out those Carvins.. of save up for a RR1 or something [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                            "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Working...
                            X