SLSMG - What a great guitar!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLSMG - What a great guitar!

I had been looking for an SLSMG in black (not the satin black) for quite awhile and ran into a new one when I least expected it at one of my local guitar stores over a month ago. They gave me a very excellent price so I got it.

This guitar is awesome - don't get me wrong, I still love my two other Jacksons, but the SLSMG is in its own league. I was going to change the pickups, but I haven't been able to bring myself to do so. It has a wonderful, liquidy lead tone through my marshall - sustain for days. I have played 4 gigs with it so far, and the members of both bands love the tone and sound. I spent a lot of time tweaking the pickup heights when I got it and have now got them perfect (I like to tweak before I give up on a pickup).

I just thought I'd share - I am extremely pleased with this new Jackson in my arsenal.

Re: SLSMG - What a great guitar!

Very cool Bro, they do look very nice, maybe a used one will be in my future!! Jack.

Comment

yes they are great. i love mine. it's wine red over a bound flame top. it's got duncan zebra pearly gates and anico 2 pickups. i got it from frankencat awhile back. here's a pic of it:

GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Wow - nice one MD - great amp collection too. Marshall, Riveras, Fenders - you're covered. What Fender head is that?

Slayer - I hope you find a used one - but you can't have mine! I think with the neck through, ebony fingerboard - you just can't find that without paying much more money. I know some of the internet dealers will knock a few hundred off, so will GC if you are friends with the store manager.

Comment

thanks. the fender is a 1963 tremolux. i really dig it. it is only 40 watts, but it is loud as hell and has a lot of girth. the only tone knobs are bass and treble, but the tone is perfection.
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

i want one so badly [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

If they had it in a pointy headstock version I'd buy one as soon as possible.
              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

It's basically a budget version of the SL2H, no? I even think that headstock serves for better tuning stability, as the strings don't have that harsh angle at the nut which the pointyheads have.

Comment

my SLSMG gets more use then either my KV2 or KE1, its such an easy and comfortable guitar to play. I got rid of the crappy EMGs and use a ToneZone/PAFPRO combo in it and a tonepros bridge.

Comment

I love it.... I wish I had a Violin Brown one to go with my Satin Black one, hell and a Black one too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] They could have a threesome [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I saw a picture of the violin brown one - very tempting.

ZeNo - I think there's one for sale over on the classifieds.

Jeremy, how does the Tonezone/Paf Pro sound in this guitar? Is the Tonezone in the bridge or neck, and how did the tone change?

As I said, I'm hesitant to change the pickups on these because for the way I play, the lead tone is wonderful, but I do feel the low strings could have a little more "oomph" on rythym.

Comment

I would throw EMG's in there, 81/81 or 81(b)/60(n) in there. Mahogany + active EMG's = Mucho Goodness, imho.
                        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          I would throw EMG's in there, 81/81 or 81(b)/60(n) in there. Mahogany + active EMG's = Mucho Goodness, imho.

[/ QUOTE ]

I concur.

Comment

I had one in Black and didn't like it.
                            I thought it was too light for me and didn't dig the shape of the body..
                            They look very nice but didn't work with me..
                            [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

ckeer, I just bought data187's SLSMG, and am curious to what height you ended up going with on the pickups? (I have an Epiphone Zakk Wylde with the EMG-HZ and like them a lot). So let me know what height worked best for you so I can try on mine.

Comment

Working...
                              X