Is this a DK2 and if so what year from the other thread with pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
    Is that the same guitar? The photos in the first post have black hardware, while the new headstock photos have chrome hardware.
    you know what a DK2 is , I only hade 1
    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Is that the same guitar? The photos in the first post have black hardware, while the new headstock photos have chrome hardware.
      The black hardware is mine. I believe the other post was for comparison purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post

Oh, don't get mad because I put my face from today up

No Worries.

I wish I had found this place a lot sooner.
        Salt & Pepper
        Vinegar & Jalapenos

It's a great mix of people!

Enablers, Definitely.

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
          Neck is not right for that guitar. The standard DK2 necks had full binding. This one pictured doesn't have any headstock binding.
          The body looks legit. The lower horn scallop was used on all painted bodies. Natural finishes didn't have the scallop.
          That's Great Info about the Scallop, right there.
          Last edited by JJ119; 11-09-2021, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JJ119 View Post

That's Great Info about the Scallop, right there.
            Hope this is bigger
            It's the guitar , Not IMO a DK2

A.jpg
            I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

John... it's got all the characteristics of an early/mid 2000's DK2 body (HSS config was used up until 2006/2007).
              That neck came off of another model Jackson.
              All DK2 necks have binding around the headstock.
              Most likely a parts guitar. Not bad looking.
              -Rick

Comment

Very strange that there is neck binding, but no headstock binding. What neck models were configured this way? I cannot recall any.

Black hardware and Seymour Duncan pickups indicate 2006-2011 but that still doesn't answer why the headstock is devoid of binding.

In the other thread (https://www.jcfonline.com/forum/equi...16#post2547116), the owner himself (LiveeviL2000) is curious about the guitar, but not curious enough to consider disassembling the neck from the body. In my experience that is the surefire solution to solving the mystery. The neck pocket and neck heel would have the date stamps and model name stamps that would have the conclusive evidence. Alas, I leave it to the owner to decide whether it is worthwhile. In my opinion, it is not a difficult procedure, and the reward outweighs the inconvenience, but I remember when I was a teenager who was afraid to disassemble guitars in fear that "I'll screw it up and I won't be able to get it back the way it was before" which is silly in retrospect because electric guitars like these are completely adjustable to a very fine degree and you learn so much by disassembling and reassembling your guitar.
                Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 11-11-2021, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                  John... it's got all the characteristics of an early/mid 2000's DK2 body (HSS config was used up until 2006/2007).
                  That neck came off of another model Jackson.
                  All DK2 necks have binding around the headstock.
                  Most likely a parts guitar. Not bad looking.
                  thanks

Comment

Very strange that there is neck binding, but no headstock binding. What neck models were configured this way? I cannot recall any.

Black hardware and Seymour Duncan pickups indicate 2006-2011 but that still doesn't answer why the headstock is devoid of binding.

In the other thread (https://www.jcfonline.com/forum/equi...16#post2547116), the owner himself (LiveeviL2000) is curious about the guitar, but not curious enough to consider disassembling the neck from the body. In my experience that is the surefire solution to solving the mystery. The neck pocket and neck heel would have the date stamps and model name stamps that would have the conclusive evidence. Alas, I leave it to the owner to decide whether it is worthwhile. In my opinion, it is not a difficult procedure, and the reward outweighs the inconvenience, but I remember when I was a teenager who was afraid to disassemble guitars in fear that "I'll screw it up and I won't be able to get it back the way it was before" which is silly in retrospect because electric guitars like these are completely adjustable to a very fine degree and you learn so much by disassembling and reassembling your guitar.
                    Thanks

Comment

The thread linked earlier says the serial is 9847836, which would make it a 2009.
                      looks like a DK2 to me, possibly the headstock binding just not as obvious in the photo

Comment

Originally posted by Weev69 View Post
                        The thread linked earlier says the serial is 9847836, which would make it a 2009.
                        looks like a DK2 to me, possibly the headstock binding just not as obvious in the photo
                        Yes, the Headstock and Neck is fully bound.

Comment

Working...
                        X