Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a DK2 and if so what year from the other thread with pics

So, here is a pics from Robert

Screenshot_20211105-195434[1].png Screenshot_20211105-195451[1].png Screenshot_20211105-195503[1].png

I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Need larger photos. There is something slightly odd about the body shape and the headstock shape, and the headstock logo looks too close to the truss rod cover.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson
      Well you tell me
      do you know what this is?
      Unsolicited nude pics?

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post

Unsolicited nude pics?
        Sorry bro! It just like fell out
        I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
          Need larger photos. There is something slightly odd about the body shape and the headstock shape, and the headstock logo looks too close to the truss rod cover.
          Agreed. But I am holding off judgment until I see better pictures. I am thinking the angle of the images may be the issue.

Comment

Yeah, I not being a fan it doesn't look like one, pic's are as big as I can make them. Sorry

Comment

I just noticed the slant at the neck for fret access(?)

I remember there was a discussion about the slant before but I don't remember what it's really called.
              Slant, Scoop, Cut, Contour.
              Is that any type of indicator done only in a year or 2, or from Mexico, Indonesia, Japan?
              That may not be of any significance here, IDK.
              I remember a Thread some time ago about that but I don't remember the Title.

You guys have good eyes to notice something like the Logo, or the Headstock looking odd.
              Could it be the angle of the pic?

That's the only pic available.
              Thank You john.w.lawson for the assistance.
              Last edited by JJ119; 11-06-2021, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JJ119 View Post

I remember there was a discussion about the slant before but I don't remember what it's really called.
                Is that any type of indicator done only in a year or 2, or from Mexico, Indonesia, Japan?
                That may not be of any significance here, IDK.
                I remember a Thread so.e time ago about that but I don't remember the Title.

You guys have good eyes to notice something like the Logo, or the Headstock looking odd.
                Could it be the angle of the pic?

That's the only pic available.
                Thank You john.w.lawson for the assistance.

???????
                To be honest, it's not a DK2 but to me they were never good anyway. hopefully we can get off road with a DK2 lover

Comment

Understood

Comment

Originally posted by JJ119 View Post

Some DK2s had those horn scoops, some didn't. I've never been able to figure out a rule for them.

Unfortunately since those are the only photos you are able to provide, my diagnosis for this guitar is "inconclusive". It is possible the angles are making the guitar look funny.

What is the story behind the guitar? Is the seller trying to sell it to you? Request more photos if possible, and share them here for verification.

Comment

Number Of The Priest

Thank You for your reply.

He was looking for info because he was thinking of selling. I and a few others had told him about JCF.
                      He had not received Membership Notification after a few days, so I asked him if it would be ok to ask you guys.

It was a Gift to him and he said he could have sworn it was 1998 / 99 and MIJ but he found 2 Years and got confused. [ 1998 and 2009 ]
                      Said may be it was later than originally thought, couldn't remember now.
                      He doesn't play it and was going to put it up for sale.
                      Since he doesn't know enough about it, he has decided not to sell.

john.w.lawson offered to post the pic so.you guys could see it, and go from there.

Comment

My years may be blurry for many things.
                        But I am not going to blur 1998 and 2009.

I could see someone saying "I got this around 2000", which takes us 97-03.
                        But an entire decade of difference???

Comment

Man I ducked up a bit!!
                          He bought it. Thought it was prior to

Anyway
                          The Original Thread is at the Forum =
                          The Tone Room

Thread Title =
                          How to find out guitar info

Comment

Post the direct link to the thread. I could not find it on Google based on your clues.

I agree that your friend should not sell until at least:

1. Providing more high resolution photos.
                            2. Knowing what he has, so that that information can be conveyed to potential buyers.

Since your friend is still waiting for account activation, contact an admin like toejam to enable his account. Maybe the account activation email was sent to his junk mail folder.

Comment

Maybe the account activation email was sent to his junk mail folder.
                              Which is one of the reasons I still use email, not text.
                              I'd rather have something sent to a junk folder than not sent at all.

*for full transparency: I do accept text messages. But I am referring to when it comes time to sign up for things - you won't find me using a phone number or a phone email.

Comment

Working...
                              X