NGD the pro series...ugh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crumbling View Post
    Probably to standardize the production line. They still do offer a couple of one-off models with TOM and non-recessed Floyd with shimmed/angled necks though, mostly the King Vs and Kelly. But they've been trimming the TOM models over the last few years
    My guess it's just to raise the price. They market tremolos as a "feature" and they've worked hard to convince metal player that they "need" a tremolo. And of course they pretend Floyds are the only tremolos on earth. Not sure how FR managed to monopolize the tremolo market.

Comment

Originally posted by wrldeatr7 View Post
      Not sure how FR managed to monopolize the tremolo market.
      effective patents and litigation, an overall solid design, but most importantly licensing. which also has the side effect that it's can't be considered a literal monopoly (although actual FR-manufactured units to appear to be gaining share vs. LFRs in the last 10 years, I would presume because the original patents expired so FR can't rely on licensing fees anymore), but we understand your criticism.

Comment

My guess it's just to raise the price. They market tremolos as a "feature" and they've worked hard to convince metal player that they "need" a tremolo. And of course they pretend Floyds are the only tremolos on earth. Not sure how FR managed to monopolize the tremolo market.
        Eh, they still offer Hipshot bridge hardtail models for a lot of TOM models they replaced, or offer some kind of alternative in the same shape (i.e. KVXT discontinued, replaced by Scott Ian signature KVXT). Last year's KVT was replaced by the new 22 frets Hetfield KVTMG this year. Likely it just didn't sell well, though some of the color choices didn't help (i.e. RRMG came in gun metal gray and matte black, RRTMG came in fugly blue and silverburst).

They've just pruned a lot of models in the last few years, especially for the metal shapes, and capitalized on the trendy 80s hair metal stuffs like the Swirls/Crackles Soloist

Comment

Originally posted by Crumbling View Post

Eh, they still offer Hipshot bridge hardtail models for a lot of TOM models they replaced, or offer some kind of alternative in the same shape (i.e. KVXT discontinued, replaced by Scott Ian signature KVXT). Last year's KVT was replaced by the new 22 frets Hetfield KVTMG this year. Likely it just didn't sell well, though some of the color choices didn't help (i.e. RRMG came in gun metal gray and matte black, RRTMG came in fugly blue and silverburst).

They've just pruned a lot of models in the last few years, especially for the metal shapes, and capitalized on the trendy 80s hair metal stuffs like the Swirls/Crackles Soloist
          They don't even look like the "90's" crackle either, unless the photo's are way off. Who said china couldn't make a good guitar POS
          I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Yeah, but Hipshot bridges aren't exactly a good TOM replacement as they also lack the neck angle of the TOM bridge. It's probably cheaper to make flat straight guitars without a neck angle which is why we are suddenly seeing Hipshot bridges all over the place.

Well, FMIC wants the easy money. Instead of going for features, they are going for cosmetics, higher prices, cheaper manufacturing (China). Unfortunately, I imagine that folks are going to fall for that convincing FMIC execs that it's the right strategy.

Comment

Well, FMIC wants the easy money. Instead of going for features, they are going for cosmetics, higher prices, cheaper manufacturing (China). Unfortunately, I imagine that folks are going to fall for that convincing FMIC execs that it's the right strategy. [/QUOTE]

Or Jackson will just fail to be a poplar brand.. all my stuff has an angle besides my indo sl2. It seem pretty dead around here besides people post wanting info or older stuff.
              I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

The days of metal guitars being all the rage are over so Jackson won't be hugely popular, but overall, I imagine Jackson is doing just fine. But fora in general are dead.

Comment

The days of metal guitars being all the rage are over so Jackson won't be hugely popular, but overall, I imagine Jackson is doing just fine. But fora in general are dead.
                  Metal is so dead that even metal guys call themselves something else in order to get gigs.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post

Metal is so dead that even metal guys call themselves something else in order to get gigs.
                    That mean you're getting rid of your glow in the dark guitars?

Comment

Working...
                    X