X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD the pro series...ugh

pro sl2.jpg pro sl2 body.jpg

Not that impressed.
    They do not compare to the MIJ "Pro's" of yester-years. I'm really not impressed ( I'm not judging it on craftmanship, it is mint ,frets are how they should be. its more of a feeling type of opinion, to each their own) by any fender made Jackson or Charvel, import or USA. Is it worth it? I suppose, if you're on a budget. This is just my opinion. I do however like hotrod fender strats, USA and MIM, funny right! This thing's color changes though. So, if I get tired of looking at it I can move it and at least it willl look different..........
    Last edited by john.w.lawson; 04-10-2021, 02:38 PM.
    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Good to hear it was put together well, though.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
      Good to hear it was put together well, though.
      it's a great guitar for the money (stuff is crazy high right now) but it doesn't feel like i would expect it to feel.( feels kind of like a Kramer) sounds great too. has the SD distortion pickups. Looks great as well. plays great but harder for me because of the neck thickness I'm use to.
      I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

I felt a few that were a little cheapish feeling in the neck, but a few others have felt alright. I'd need to own one and not just mess around in Guitar Center to really judge.
        Database (WIP) https://mechas64castles.net/CharvelJackson.html
        My collection also there!

Comment

Originally posted by Mechayoshi View Post
          I felt a few that were a little cheapish feeling in the neck, but a few others have felt alright. I'd need to own one and not just mess around in Guitar Center to really judge.
          Doesn't feel cheap (as it wasn't cheap to buy either) I changed the strings on it, Must have been 11's on it i'm guessing. I put 9's on it and it plays pretty great for an MII. it just feels bigger than my other stuff
          I'll say this, you can whammy the fuck out of it and it stays in tune older stuff not so much. the SD pickups sound good too as most of my guitars have actives in them.
          I don't have a guitar center around me or even a real music store. i have more guitars than the shop that's 39 mile away.

Comment

I should probably mention that the thing i don't like about this guitar is basically the same reason I got rid of my USA So Cal and USA re- issue San Dimas. So don't think , hey this guy's is just knocking MII. I'm not gonna sell it, I'm gonna take the time to get use to it. I've gotten rid of too many guitars in the past out of picky-ness feeling's.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
              I should probably mention that the thing i don't like about this guitar is basically the same reason I got rid of my USA So Cal and USA re- issue San Dimas..
              didn't you say you didn't like this new pro series because of the big neck? does that mean your usa so-cal had a big neck, too? because my usa so-cal is super thin.

Comment

Originally posted by metalhobo View Post

didn't you say you didn't like this new pro series because of the big neck? does that mean your usa so-cal had a big neck, too? because my usa so-cal is super thin.
                they feel bigger to me.

USA RE Issue San Dimas.jpg

Comment

SANY3262.jpg SANY3261.jpg SANY3258.jpg

Comment

don't know what to tell you. the So Cal and Re-issuse are nothing like a guitar from that era IMO and i've had both era's

SANY2922.jpg
                    Last edited by john.w.lawson; 04-12-2021, 06:04 PM.

Comment

I do wish I had givin' them more time. Plus kept the black charvel San Dimas

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
                        don't know what to tell you. the So Cal and Re-issuse are nothing like a guitar from that era IMO and i've had both era's
                        interesting... fwiw the neck on my so-cal (same as yours, 2008 candy tang) is noticeably slimmer than the neck on my 1987 jackson strat. pretty close overall, but the jackson is a tad beefier. obviously there's a degree of variability in both cases. never got to play anything earlier than that (yet!)

you can see both of my examples here if you're interested: https://www.jcfonline.com/forum/equi...50#post2541850
                        Last edited by metalhobo; 04-12-2021, 08:21 PM.

Comment

interesting... fwiw the neck on my so-cal (same as yours, 2008 candy tang) is noticeably slimmer than the neck on my 1987 jackson strat. pretty close overall, but the jackson is a tad beefier. obviously there's a degree of variability in both cases. never got to play anything earlier than that (yet!)

you can see both of my examples here if you're interested: https://www.jcfonline.com/forum/equi...50#post2541850
                          To be fair, I was playing a 90''s dinky select or custom strom lighting guitar at the time and a fusion "pro' both had really thin speed necks. as i stated I didn't really give them a chance. i wish I had .. but I've had so many i feel that way about. My 86 USA strat's neck was nade by mike elder he is pretty famous for his necks , well everything back then. I'll take that sparkly one if you ever want to get rid of it lol i'm actually in guitar selling recovery, only sold one in three, four years. one day at a time

Comment

I just got my soloist Caribbean blue. The neck is 20.5MM at the 12th fret, theres more beef to rest your thumb at the edge and I feel like it was molded for my hand or something. I think mine might be different?

Comment

Originally posted by DanzoStrife View Post
                              I just got my soloist Caribbean blue. The neck is 20.5MM at the 12th fret, theres more beef to rest your thumb at the edge and I feel like it was molded for my hand or something. I think mine might be different?
                              yeah they're not different. they are not hand made they us a jig or something. you just have your opinion and i have mine. its cool though i'm not saying they are trash guitars, pretty nice after a good set up.
                              actually mine 28 at the 12 fret, i'd allow it to be within 30 just because of digital tolerances as opposed to mechanical.
                              Last edited by john.w.lawson; 04-15-2021, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X