NGD the pro series...ugh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post

yeah they're not different. they are not hand made they us a jig or something. you just have your opinion and i have mine. its cool though i'm not saying they are trash guitars, pretty nice after a good set up.
    actually mine 28 at the 12 fret, i'd allow it to be within 30 just because of digital tolerances as opposed to mechanical.
    I think I met one Jackson with a strange neck, it was a recent Chlorine dinky with a maple neck. For some reason it was shaped like a 60s Fender and was very large. It was not feeling like a Dk2m. Other than that, I think I could get along well with most typical Jackson necks. There could have been a mod, I can't say

Comment

Originally posted by DanzoStrife View Post

I think I met one Jackson with a strange neck, it was a recent Chlorine dinky with a maple neck. For some reason it was shaped like a 60s Fender and was very large. It was not feeling like a Dk2m. Other than that, I think I could get along well with most typical Jackson necks. There could have been a mod, I can't say
      dinkys are not made in the same place if you're talking the pro series of today. ( they are MIM) I think DK-2's necks suck, never did like them. Could tell they were a fender product instantly. That's my opinion and I stand by it.
      I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

The second good review of a Pro Jackson I've head recently. Glad that Samick got it's act together (assuming there was truth about the early criticisms). Now if only people here would stop whining about some tired old guitars from 35 years ago. Man, I'm not looking forward to when people get their hands on the new MIJ, Jackson. We'll have to hear for another couple of decades how magical and mystical the 80s guitars where and the new ones lack the secret ingredient to see unicorns and centaurs dancing on the headstock.

Comment

Originally posted by wrldeatr7 View Post
          lack the secret ingredient to see unicorns and centaurs dancing on the headstock.
          I've got a few sticker packs that can alleviate that concern

Comment

The second good review of a Pro Jackson I've head recently. Glad that Samick got it's act together (assuming there was truth about the early criticisms). Now if only people here would stop whining about some tired old guitars from 35 years ago. Man, I'm not looking forward to when people get their hands on the new MIJ, Jackson. We'll have to hear for another couple of decades how magical and mystical the 80s guitars where and the new ones lack the secret ingredient to see unicorns and centaurs dancing on the headstock.
            You can add me on to a 3rd, I am happy with my new MII Soloist, despite being completely worried from day 1 if I was gonna get a piece of turd or not.

John: Yea it was a Dinky, I didn't like that and now I see what the reason was, MIM spec

Comment

Originally posted by DanzoStrife View Post

You can add me on to a 3rd, I am happy with my new MII Soloist, despite being completely worried from day 1 if I was gonna get a piece of turd or not.

John: Yea it was a Dinky, I didn't like that and now I see what the reason was, MIM spec
              Yeah, just saw your post. And I'm glad people are posting these. Usually we just hear about the not so good ones.

Comment

I own MIJ guitars and a USA all pre-fender and I like the feel of them better. there is nothing the matter with this MII craftsmanship wise and it is easy to set up. the ping floyd is good, better than a jt-580 tak. this sl2 feels kinda like a kramer paceer deluxe American I owned(which was MIJ but put together in the USA)
                so, i'll take unicorns any day of the week.
                I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

I think they are easily worthy in their price range. I have two of the newer Pros and both needed a good setup, one needed sharp fret edges filed. But they are fundamentally very good. Neither has anything on my '92 Soloist Pro MIJ, but I can work with them. Like any other guitar, they seem better and better to me the more I play them...
                  '95 Charvel San Dimas USA Model I Koa - BKP
                  '91 Charvel 650 Custom - EMG 85/SLV/SLV+SPC
                  '92 Jackson Soloist Pro MIJ
                  '91 Charvel 475 Exotic Cherry Sunburst - Duncan PATB set
                  '90 Charvel 475 XL
                  '10 Charvel San Dimas MIJ Style 1 2H - JB/'59
                  Mesa Boogie Quad Preamp/Stereo Simul-Class 2:90
                  Mesa Boogie MkIII+ Simul-Class & MkIVb with Mark Series stack
                  Marshall JVM410H

Comment

Originally posted by Black Shadow View Post
                    I think they are easily worthy in their price range. I have two of the newer Pros and both needed a good setup, one needed sharp fret edges filed. But they are fundamentally very good. Neither has anything on my '92 Soloist Pro MIJ, but I can work with them. Like any other guitar, they seem better and better to me the more I play them...
                    You're just saying what i was saying. they are good guitars for the money, they are not as good as a USA or a pro MIJ. mine setup easy and trem works great I wacked the fuck out of it and it's in tune still. pickup's are really good. I still don't like the fucking headstock being littler than a regular jackson. How hard can it be to get that right jeez..
                    oh, the ebony board isn't as good either, but with some light sanding and conditioning it'll be tit's. I would'nt pay 40. to get sprouts out, I have files for stuff like that. mine had none though.
                    Last edited by john.w.lawson; 04-18-2021, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Shadow View Post
                      "Newer" mines not old!

Comment

did a big time setup on this indo sl2 one mil pic at 12th fret, no buzz no dead nots 20210424_235544.jpg 20210425_000153.jpg

Comment

20210425_135321_(1)_(1).jpg

Still there. I can put the truss cove back on. the thing about all the newer or fender stuff is there is no angle to the neck, even on their USA soloist. So, there is only straighten neck drop bridge and hope there no high frets. But I've tools for the too.

Comment

Guitars with Floyds and Hipshot bridges have the straight neck. Not just Jackson/Fender guitars but all others too. Guitars with TOM bridges do have the angled neck. That's the main reason I'm annoyed with the Jackson lineup that offers almost no X or Pro guitars with TOM bridges.

Comment

Probably to standardize the production line. They still do offer a couple of one-off models with TOM and non-recessed Floyd with shimmed/angled necks though, mostly the King Vs and Kelly. But they've been trimming the TOM models over the last few years

Comment

Guitars with Floyds and Hipshot bridges have the straight neck. Not just Jackson/Fender guitars but all others too. Guitars with TOM bridges do have the angled neck. That's the main reason I'm annoyed with the Jackson lineup that offers almost no X or Pro guitars with TOM bridges.
                                All older stuff has a angle. I've owned enough of them to know. I do have three TOM bridged guitars, only one USA Jackson 90's SLS, the rest lp's( well one's just a copy and it's a travel guitar. made in the 70's it's pretty cool, ebony and mop inlays and name is even mop.
                                Last edited by john.w.lawson; 04-26-2021, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X