Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what do you think of new Jackson king V pro lines ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just buy from a place with good return policy, problem solved. That basically applies to buying guitars blind in general, no matter where its made. The only thing that matters is how well a guitar is made, not where its made. Ultimately, its about the brand's quality control. Wildwood-era Indonesian Jackson had serious quality control issue, but until COVID hit Solar made there had some of the best QC in the business.
    Last edited by Crumbling; 03-24-2021, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by algeriet View Post

That's crazy! I remember when there was a case of a CS Kelly with 23 frets. I actually thought it was hella cool. Do you have any pics?
      USA KV with 23 frets.

101_2052 (1).jpg
      Last edited by john.w.lawson; 03-30-2021, 06:02 PM.
      I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Knew about the 23 fret Kelly but this is the first time I've seen that/any 23 fret KV. Thanks for sharing that!

Comment

photo21.jpg
          Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
          Knew about the 23 fret Kelly but this is the first time I've seen that/any 23 fret KV. Thanks for sharing that!
          it was flawless besides that
          Attached Files
          Last edited by john.w.lawson; 03-30-2021, 10:44 PM.
          I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

LOL. As I recall someone stating in an external discussion on the 23-fret Kelly, it is difficult to imagine how someone can mess up and "forget" to include the 24th fret, because that would involve several other major changes, including cutting the fretboard short (a woodworking change!) and wrapping an unorthodox amount of binding around a 23-fret neck (compared to an RR1 which has 22 frets and a KV2 which has 24 frets).

Look at that gap between the 23rd fret and the neck pickup. You could fly an airplane through that gap! There is clearly enough space to have extended the fretboard to accommodate the 24th fret before colliding with the neck pickup. But no, someone screwed up and the fretboard was circumsized. Look at photos of a 22-fret guitar like the RR1 and photos of a 24-fret guitar like the KV2 and notice neither model has a huge space between the final fret and the neck pickup.

Somebody done goofed... TWICE.

Note: The 23-fret Kelly only has an ENORMOUS space between its final fret and the pickup because it doesn't have a neck pickup.

Comment

Working...
            X