Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what do you think of new Jackson king V pro lines ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do you think of new Jackson king V pro lines ?

what do you guys think about the new Jackson king V pro lines? I just saw the new King V with EMG in silver-ish finish looks absolutely sick.

I really want one, but same time I found one on reverb Japanise made King V for £1200 in mint condition. wish I could buy both....

Meh, they've been neglecting it for the last couple of years. They've cut all the Quilted Maple tops, reduced the colors down to boring black, white and the Two Faced Oreo one, and when they added the Hetfield-esque KVTMG seems like they got rid of the regular 24 frets KVT as well.

You can get a Japanese domestic market high end Jackson Stars/Grover Jackson King V for about 600-700 USD before shipping and import, value wise that's hard to beat

Comment

Originally posted by Crumbling View Post
      Meh, they've been neglecting it for the last couple of years. They've cut all the Quilted Maple tops, reduced the colors down to boring black, white and the Two Faced Oreo one, and when they added the Hetfield-esque KVTMG seems like they got rid of the regular 24 frets KVT as well.

You can get a Japanese domestic market high end Jackson Stars/Grover Jackson King V for about 600-700 USD before shipping and import, value wise that's hard to beat
      Yeah, Im kind of with you on what you said about strip down and boring colours.... this year or the last none if the guitars catch my eye until I saw this silver-ish V....

Where are these pro lines are made in Korea or Indonesia?

I should add I dont live in USA, I live in UK. I own 2 Jacksons both Japanese made, never had any problem and love them to death would be nice to ad some more... you can never have enough right?

Comment

I had a USA king V with only 23 frets Came from the factory that way. Lmao someone at QC must of been hittin' the bowl or bottle that day.
        I'm not a v guy though had an RR Pro" Pro" too. Just can't play em setting well.
        I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
          I had a USA king V with only 23 frets Came from the factory that way. Lmao someone at QC must of been hittin' the bowl or bottle that day.
          I'm not a v guy though had an RR Pro" Pro" too. Just can't play em setting well.
          23 frets? must be limited edition

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
            That's crazy! I remember when there was a case of a CS Kelly with 23 frets. I actually thought it was hella cool. Do you have any pics?

Comment

Maybe on my page ? I know there is an old thread with pics somewhere on here.
              I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by Megametal7 View Post

Yeah, Im kind of with you on what you said about strip down and boring colours.... this year or the last none if the guitars catch my eye until I saw this silver-ish V....

Where are these pro lines are made in Korea or Indonesia?

I should add I dont live in USA, I live in UK. I own 2 Jacksons both Japanese made, never had any problem and love them to death would be nice to ad some more... you can never have enough right?
                I mean like ordering directly from Japan, prices are just for comparison's sake. These Pro Series are currently being made in Indonesia mainly, with Korea doing all the fully Ash model (Dinky Ash, Dinky Modern and Jeff Loomis Signature Kelly), and a new factory in China they trained to do premium CS finishes like Mirrors/Crackles/etc...

Comment

I mean like ordering directly from Japan, prices are just for comparison's sake. These Pro Series are currently being made in Indonesia mainly, with Korea doing all the fully Ash model (Dinky Ash, Dinky Modern and Jeff Loomis Signature Kelly), and a new factory in China they trained to do premium CS finishes like Mirrors/Crackles/etc...
                  I want another V in my life, I dig a lot....that new Silver-sh V with EMGs but if it's Chinese made I rather buy used Japanese on reverb.

Comment

Since at this point I'm beyond sick and tired of Jackson pushing Floyd Roses down people's throat, the only one that had potential was the KVTMG, but they had to ruin it with 22 frets. The Beaulieus are lovely, except for the stupid Floyd Rose.

Comment

Someone hit the nail on the head. Almost Anything not a Soloist or Dinky is shafted as far as options go.

Originally posted by wrldeatr7 View Post
                      Since at this point I'm beyond sick and tired of Jackson pushing Floyd Roses down people's throat, the only one that had potential was the KVTMG, but they had to ruin it with 22 frets. The Beaulieus are lovely, except for the stupid Floyd Rose.
                      That’s been that way, especially for the extreme shapes. I do understand though as I once avoided Floyds like a plague and struggled to find a Jackson I could play. This was before a lot of the more later hardtails models we have now. Ironically though now ALL my collection has a tremolo...
                      Database (WIP) https://mechas64castles.net/CharvelJackson.html
                      My collection also there!

Comment

Originally posted by Mechayoshi View Post
                        Someone hit the nail on the head. Almost Anything not a Soloist or Dinky is shafted as far as options go.

That’s been that way, especially for the extreme shapes. I do understand though as I once avoided Floyds like a plague and struggled to find a Jackson I could play. This was before a lot of the more later hardtails models we have now. Ironically though now ALL my collection has a tremolo...
                        Same here. All my guitars have a Floyd. That's why I'm so sick of Floyds. I'm sure at some point they'll release something decent with a hardtail, it's just a matter of waiting and waiting with Jackson and then of course being able to get one when they finally come out with something. Hoping for an X or Pro Series Warrior with beveled edges and with a TOM bridge and that isn't ruined by some other awful spec.

Comment

Originally posted by wrldeatr7 View Post

Same here. All my guitars have a Floyd. That's why I'm so sick of Floyds. I'm sure at some point they'll release something decent with a hardtail, it's just a matter of waiting and waiting with Jackson and then of course being able to get one when they finally come out with something. Hoping for an X or Pro Series Warrior with beveled edges and with a TOM bridge and that isn't ruined by some other awful spec.

I only played Floyd guitars, only recently I bought LTDs with hard tail, ever since I have problem with string breakage. It always breaks at the saddles, bridge been filed changed but it is still a problem on both guitars. (Snakybyte and ec 256).

was looking roller bridge in black colour but cant find one...

On my Floyd guitars I never busted a lower stings, ever! No matter how hard i hit them.

I will stick to my Floyd guitars

Comment

Originally posted by Megametal7 View Post

I want another V in my life, I dig a lot....that new Silver-sh V with EMGs but if it's Chinese made I rather buy used Japanese on reverb.
                            The Chinese factory Jackson X/Pro I've played so far has been better made than the Indonesian stuffs. I was very close to buying the Shattered Mirror Kelly, but I'm holding off for a Warrior or a V with that finish next year

Comment

The Chinese factory Jackson X/Pro I've played so far has been better made than the Indonesian stuffs. I was very close to buying the Shattered Mirror Kelly, but I'm holding off for a Warrior or a V with that finish next year
                              I'm glad you like your one but I'll be honest, it scares me buying Chinese stuff.... once you lose trust it's hard to trust again.

Comment

Working...
                              X