Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next

Comment

There is a sticker covering the true serial number on the neckplate. Peel it off to find out what it is. It will likely be 9xxxxxx.

Fixing string alignment on a bolt-neck guitar is a straightforward procedure, outlined in the video below, if you ever want to learn for next time. This is the video that gave me confidence in the procedure.

Comment

Thank you so much Priest. And I thought I had a long Screen name. Nice to meet you.

Comment

That looks like one of those orange-ish serial number stickers used on manufacturer refurbished models, no?

The guitar appears to be a 2006-'11 RR3, serial 97xxxxx or 98xxxxx.

I got a used DK2T neck for my DKMGT once and the neck fit like the neck on the RR3 shown.
          The problem for me was bad enough that wood needs to be removed in order to center it correctly.

If you get a deal worth getting this, I'd make certain the neck can be corrected.
          There's no reason buddy can't loosen the screws and center it, if possible.
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Thanks Mudlark, My friend already adjusted the neck into spec. Done and happy. He pulled the pups and while the neck was out of the cavity, took pics. The neck pocket says 2008. He says the guitar is dead silent hum wise as it is shielded very well. He really seems to like how it sounds with the Duncan Jazz and JB pickup that is in it. Once I go pick it up at my friend's house, all I will need to do is thoroughly clean it, fix the one saddle on the Floyd, ( extract broken screw and replace} and then fix the broken tip on the body and head stock and hit it with touch up paint and clear.

Comment

Originally posted by paranoid View Post
              unless you just want a project, or it is dirt cheap, I would not worry to much about the SR# or identity.
              Thanks again, Paranoid.

My main concern was I did not want to have spent JS model money thinking I was getting a RR3 and it being a JS or a Fake etc.
              Seeing the pics my buddy took with RR3 and the Date inside the Neck pocket confirm it is the real deal.

As for price. I did ok considering I have seen other similar RR3's sold for 2-3x the money it cost me.

Comment

Would love to read/see your story/photos after you repair the cosmetic dings. We occasionally get questions about different cosmetic repair methods and I'm forced to divulge my unsuccessful attempts.

Comment

HAHA Priest, I would like you to see my photos, stories too. I do have some from where I reattached a decapitated Epiphone Dot guitar. It looks like they are on my other computer though.
                  Last edited by chilipeppermaniac; 04-03-2021, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mechayoshi View Post
                    This is the bolt on MIJ RR3 right? Because later down the line there is a neck thru Indonesian version. Fixing the string alignment is simple on bolt on necks. Jackson headstocks get chipped a lot on players grade stuff so don’t fret too much unless it’s really ugly. What do you mean about the worn serial and broken Floyd screw? The JT-580 can either be fixed with low profile Floyd parts or just put something else in the route. Two of my guitars with that have OFRs in them currently. (One had the square baseplate spot and the other the angled)

Yes I await pictures.
                    Mechayoshi, Here in this pic is the broken screw in the B string Saddle. If I can drill it out and extract it, do you or anyone have a good source for the replacement one I would need? All I have seem to find are the really long ones.

Last edited by chilipeppermaniac; 03-05-2021, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Sorry I lost track of this thread from a few days ago. Glad the neck problem is fixed, as for the saddle? Would this work or did you already check it out? I’m not 100% but I found this because I had a stripped saddle on one of my JT-580s and it looks close.

https://www.allparts.com/collections...-2-or-5-saddle
                      Database (WIP) https://mechas64castles.net/CharvelJackson.html
                      My collection also there!

Comment

Originally posted by Mechayoshi View Post
                        Sorry I lost track of this thread from a few days ago. Glad the neck problem is fixed, as for the saddle? Would this work or did you already check it out? I’m not 100% but I found this because I had a stripped saddle on one of my JT-580s and it looks close.

https://www.allparts.com/collections...-2-or-5-saddle

Mechayoshi, as this is my first Jackson and First Floyd, I believe it will. I also do not have the guitar in hand sinc eit is still at my friend in New Jersey's house. I think they made some Black Nickel Trems, and some straight up black ones. I am thinking that ALL PARTS one is straight black. MY other thought is to just get the Screw. Unless I just get that Saddle with Screw and all and just rob the screw from it.

Thanks either way I go.

Comment

Not sure if it is this one I need but pretty sure it is

https://www.allparts.com/products/gs...pr_seq=uniform

Comment

Originally posted by chilipeppermaniac View Post

That is the screw that holds the whole saddle in place. I think the one you would need is larger. I would just buy the saddle Mechayoshi posted the link to and if it drops right in like it looks like it will just use it. I wouldn't bother with trying to drill that one out if the one in the link fits.

Also I wouldn't stress the back plate being missing too much. I've left them off half my guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by chilipeppermaniac View Post

No, probably this https://www.allparts.com/products/gs...rofile-tremolo

But like Dak said, if that screw has broken just replace the saddle since it’s cheap to do anyway.
                              Database (WIP) https://mechas64castles.net/CharvelJackson.html
                              My collection also there!

Comment

Thank you guys, Dak and Mechayoshi. I really appreciate your answers and advice as this is not only my first V, but my first Jackson. I have played Jackson's of friends but never my own or with a Floyd.

I will do both of your guys' suggestions, Order the new saddle and screws once I get the guitar in hand, to have spares just in case,

Here is the guitar with e string tension to set the neck straight and make some reference marks on the back where the neck meets the body.

Last edited by chilipeppermaniac; 04-04-2021, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X