Crooked Neck, Worn Serial, Broken Floyd Screw, help ID Used Jackson RR3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crooked Neck, Worn Serial, Broken Floyd Screw, help ID Used Jackson RR3

Hi All, this is my first post here on the forum and yes I did do a bunch of searches for similar topics. Bear with me as I get acclimated to how and where to do things in here.

First off, the guy who sold me this guitar lives in New Jersey and had it for sale on Facebook Marketplace. 2nd, I arranged for him to meet up with a friend of mine in Jersey so he could pick up the guitar for me. I live in Maryland and will now go to my buddy's place in a couple weeks to get it.

So, I am getting all this information via my friend, John who has looked over the guitar and took additional pictures for me.

As pertains to the Title of this thread, I will begin with the Crooked Neck scenario. The seller told me he bought it new around 2010 or 2011. It has a couple chunks of missing wood his ad pictures showed on the long point and point tip of the Head Stock. I am linking the possibility the crooked neck happened when the impact caused the chip in the head. It could have shifted the heel of the neck in the pocket and thus caused the strings to drift toward the Low E side and farther inward on the high E side. Has anyone else had misaligned neck issues, whether impact causing it or even right from Jackson's plant and quality control?

I will post pics as soon as I upload them somewhere that has URL's since I just discovered that is how this site does it. Then I will address the Serial Number Neck Plate concern, and the Missing back cover and Floyd questions., Thanks

This is the bolt on MIJ RR3 right? Because later down the line there is a neck thru Indonesian version. Fixing the string alignment is simple on bolt on necks. Jackson headstocks get chipped a lot on players grade stuff so don’t fret too much unless it’s really ugly. What do you mean about the worn serial and broken Floyd screw? The JT-580 can either be fixed with low profile Floyd parts or just put something else in the route. Two of my guitars with that have OFRs in them currently. (One had the square baseplate spot and the other the angled)

Yes I await pictures.
    Database (WIP) https://mechas64castles.net/CharvelJackson.html
    My collection also there!

Comment

OK here are a few Pics of the guitar. Some are the seller's pics some are my friend's.

Thank you Mechayoshi, As soon as I figure out how. 1st attempt hit a glitch

Last edited by chilipeppermaniac; 03-01-2021, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Comment

From Headstock down.

Comment

Full guitar

Comment

Chip one, which I am wondering if an impact could not have caused the neck to shift in the pocket.

Comment

At the Seller's house.

Comment

I will get to your questions about the Floyd etc as I upload more pics in Imgur. It takes awhile instead of like on some forums where I can upload right from my computer or phone.
                  Last edited by chilipeppermaniac; 03-02-2021, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Here is the back view where the Neck Plate is. I was told by the seller it is a Japan not Indonesia, etc made one.

Comment

And the Floyd, He broke off the bolt in the B string saddle.

I should be able to remove the saddle, then extract the allen bolt and clean up any boogered up threads and install a new bolt and reinstall the saddle.

Last edited by chilipeppermaniac; 03-01-2021, 12:47 PM.

Comment

unless you just want a project, or it is dirt cheap, I would not worry to much about the SR# or identity.

Comment

Originally posted by paranoid View Post
                          unless you just want a project, or it is dirt cheap, I would not worry to much about the SR# or identity.
                          Thanks Paranoid.

Update on Some of the initial concerns I had. My buddy has disassembled the neck off the body, pulled the pickups out and reassembled it for me. He got the neck on straight and sent me pics of everything.
                          I will upload them as fast as possible.

Comment

Serial and neck pocket

Comment

Pickups

Comment

Working...
                              X