No announcement yet.

First Jackson - Dinky DX10D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That might be a DX10D neck but that's not a DX10D body. The DX10D body had dual humbuckers. More than likely, that is a DK2 body. At first I hesitated making that guess because I didn't remember the DK2 body having a scallop in the lower horn, but a Google image search tells me some did, some didn't.

Your best bet would be to disassemble the neck from the body and look for model name stamps on the neck heel and in the neck pocket. Then again, it wasn't uncommon for the 2000s era Japanese Jacksons to leave the factory with mix-and-match necks and bodies. My 2002 WRXT is a WRXT body with a KE3 neck, and my 2009 KE3 is a KE3 body with a DK2S neck.

Comment

the gotoh will swap in clean, no modification?

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
        That might be a DX10D neck but that's not a DX10D body. The DX10D body had dual humbuckers. More than likely, that is a DK2 body. At first I hesitated making that guess because I didn't remember the DK2 body having a scallop in the lower horn, but a Google image search tells me some did, some didn't.

Your best bet would be to disassemble the neck from the body and look for model name stamps on the neck heel and in the neck pocket. Then again, it wasn't uncommon for the 2000s era Japanese Jacksons to leave the factory with mix-and-match necks and bodies. My 2002 WRXT is a WRXT body with a KE3 neck, and my 2009 KE3 is a KE3 body with a DK2S neck.
        You're right NOTP. As soon as I saw the body I thought DK2.
        Last edited by Razor; 01-27-2021, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post

your correct. that did confuse me a little . the neck is stamped DX10D and the body is a Dk2. 200x can't read the last number

i was trying to dig on the Gotoh 1996T Will that fit with the DK2 or will i need to widen the routings?

Comment

I'm not 100% positive the Gotoh GE1996T will fit in the route of the JT580LP. See photographs and advice here (read all of Anders' posts): https://www.jcfonline.com/forum/equi...80-replacement

Comment

thanks for the link!

Comment

Originally posted by Vashuba View Post
                the gotoh will swap in clean, no modification?
                The front corner of the treble side may not fit inside the route, the Gotoh is more "square" and slightly wider.

Comment

hey there- never upgraded the tremolo. But I’ve had the high e pop out quite a few times and I don’t like that.
                  upgraded the saddle blocks with hardened steel and still happened.
                  So can I upgrade the saddles from the 1000 series Floyd rose? Otherwise I’m just gonna throw a original floyd in there

Comment

Originally posted by Vashuba View Post
                    hey there- never upgraded the tremolo. But I’ve had the high e pop out quite a few times and I don’t like that.
                    upgraded the saddle blocks with hardened steel and still happened.
                    So can I upgrade the saddles from the 1000 series Floyd rose? Otherwise I’m just gonna throw a original floyd in there
                    Put a Schaller Floyd on it. The OFR string lock screws will extend past the pull up route.

Comment

[ OOPS Wrong post ]
                      Last edited by JJ119; 12-16-2022, 01:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post

Put a Schaller Floyd on it. The OFR string lock screws will extend past the pull up route.

100% Truth!!

I replaced a 1000 LP withL an OFR.
                        The string lock screw on my bass side E string is just at the point that any pull up will cause contact.
                        Last edited by JJ119; 12-16-2022, 01:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X