Help to Identify Model / Color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help to Identify Model / Color

Hello there guys, would like to see if someone know what I actually have here. Excelent to play at after all theese years. Hard to find any info on this particular green metallic color aswell. Can't seem to find any models with this color and the grey/silverish matte floyd rose style. Everything I can find either in shiny chrome or black chrome. Think I payed 1000€ for it 18-19 years ago
    Serial number: 9652291
    Production year: 1996
    Model: Bolt on
    Production number: 52291
    Factory: Chushin Gakki factory (Japan)

Is it a DK2 Transparent Green or Blue made in 99-00-01 maybe ? Any information you have will be appriciated!

Last edited by Kompis; 09-24-2020, 11:29 AM.

looks like a 1998 or 1999 DK2 in midnight blue sparkle. a very lovely finish. I wish J/C would offer deeper flake finishes like that. it's eye-catching, more so than the average metallic color, yet tasteful unlike the current flake finishes.
    Last edited by metalhobo; 09-24-2020, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Thanks appriciate it, after u wrote that I also found this post : https://www.jcfonline.com/forum/equi...-assembly-year

So mystery solved 98 or 99 Dk2 then thanks a bunch. Now I gotta clean up my next one before i dare post pictures ^^

And yeah the finish is kinda special, I really like it. Just pure colors like black is kinda bland and boring.
      Last edited by Kompis; 09-24-2020, 12:52 PM.

Comment

That is a damn nice looking DK2.

Comment

Originally posted by Kompis View Post
          and the grey/silverish matte floyd rose style. Everything I can find either in shiny chrome or black chrome.
          The tremolo is a JT-580LP and should be made by Takeuchi (stamped on the block).

As to the finish...
          We just had this conversation last week. So I am glad to see another with this issue -

I vaguely recall there being a Brushed Pewter (fairly certain that is the term used), and it would have been used around this time period.

There is very little reference to it online. But I know I didn't make this up - I got the information from somewhere, most likely here. And, considering that I sold the guitar and put in the ad that the hardware finish was rare... I know I didn't make this up. I got the information from somewhere.
          Brushed Pewter (or whatever the actual name was) ended up being cost inefficient. It was the most expensive (to make) finish they had.

Now, with that being said....
          There is a Satin Chrome hardware finish which was widely available. Satin Chrome is not the shiny chrome you mentioned.
          But here's my issue -
          1. Satin Chrome was used on a wide array of guitars. Certainly if "it was too expensive", Jackson would have curtailed its usage before putting it in to that many units. Especially some of the "bottom" units.
          2. I would never have confused the term Satin Chrome with Brushed Pewter. They are not even close. How would one, even in a fogged memory, turn satin chrome into brushed pewter. You don't. They are too different. The term Brushed Pewter had to have come from somewhere.

So, let's just assume that it is Satin Chrome, and that Brushed Pewter is just a figment of my imagination. Or, at least, until we find out differently.

*Dear JCF, sue me for repeating the information. You may have seen the discussion, but the new guy on the new post did not.
          Last edited by pianoguyy; 09-25-2020, 01:00 PM. Reason: clarity

Comment

ty
            Last edited by Kompis; 09-29-2020, 12:08 AM.

Comment

I have a transparent black 2010 Jackson made in India I have owned it for awhile and play it the number is NHJ1012305. It plays great I would like to know something about it

Comment

Originally posted by Rgreen View Post
                I have a transparent black 2010 Jackson made in India I have owned it for awhile and play it the number is NHJ1012305. It plays great I would like to know something about it
                Sounds like a JS Series.
                List the specs. The model can't be ID'd with a serial.

I'll guess at a JS32RT Dinky?
                96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Working...
                X