Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson DK2 MBS / Assembly Year ?

Hiho @ all,

after some research in this forum i found that my beloved Jackson (i call it excalibur for it was my first guitar in 2001 and all my band mates wanted to play on it) is a Dinky DK2 with MBS (Midnight Blue Sparkle) finish. The serial number is 9629491. So i am very interested in the information in which year my baby was build. So can i get any information from the serial number or from anyone here on the forum ? After reading some old catalogs i think the MBS finish was only available in the year 1998 and 1999 but i am not sure.

Best regards from Germany
    Andy

Those sequentially numbered serials can be tricky, but according to my list of numbers that were confirmed with neck pocket date stamps 9629xxx should be '98-'99.

96289xx was date stamped 1999 January 7th. You can remove the neck and check your stamps if you like.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Hi Mudlark, thank you a lot for this information. So according to my guess about the MBS finish i think it must be a 1999 model. In August i will have my next guitar check up (i don't feel save enough to remove the neck for i never done it before and i am afraid, that i turn the screws to hard or do some other dumb failure). My guitar-check-up-master will remove the neck and check the stamps, i will post it so you can complete your list
      Do you know if this MBS finish was rarely used ? I checked a lot of Dinkys on Ebay and other selling places but never found another Jackson with this finish.

Comment

It's pretty hard to do any damage removing the neck, nothing to worry about there. DK2's are awesome fiddles.

Comment

According to the catalogues MBS was only available during the DK2's first two years of production..'98-'99.

Catalogues contain errors, but it'd be safe to say MBS wasn't used for more than 2-3 years.
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Would love to see photos of this finish/guitar. I couldn't find any pictures on Google.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Sorry, images are not sooo good, it's just a mobile phone cam.

Comment

just found this post awesome! It's kinda funny we managed to flake of a spot of our finish almost in the same place also. must be a weak spot :P

https://www.jcfonline.com/forum/equi...fy-model-color

Comment

Working...
                      X