Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The rarest Japanese-made Jackson? (Has anyone ever seen one?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Genebaby View Post
    Yes on both accounts. These are new and rare to us in the western world.
    Indeed...

You've got the cream of the crop, no doubt (Limited '91). I do wonder which one had more examples produced - your Limited 1991 or my Arched-Top 1990.

Did you find it in Australia? That would make it a miraculous discovery.

Comment

Yes, it popped up out of the blue and i had it shipped to me quite happily.

The 750XL was a local buy all those years ago.

Comment

I have 1991 Grover Jackson archtop. Just like the one Jr. has.

Comment

Originally posted by D.Evil View Post
          I have 1991 Grover Jackson archtop. Just like the one Jr. has.
          Awesome. Got any pics, sound recordings or videos?

Comment

Answer: No I've never seen one, because if I did, it would be at my house!!

The Jackson Archtop is like the Charvel 750, only even more desirable! I prefer 25.5" scale for most any non-LP guitar.
            '95 Charvel San Dimas USA Model I Koa - BKP
            '91 Charvel 650 Custom - EMG 85/SLV/SLV+SPC
            '92 Jackson Soloist Pro MIJ
            '91 Charvel 475 Exotic Cherry Sunburst - Duncan PATB set
            '90 Charvel 475 XL
            '10 Charvel San Dimas MIJ Style 1 2H - JB/'59
            Mesa Boogie Quad Preamp/Stereo Simul-Class 2:90
            Mesa Boogie MkIII+ Simul-Class & MkIVb with Mark Series stack
            Marshall JVM410H

Comment

Originally posted by Black Shadow View Post
              Answer: No I've never seen one, because if I did, it would be at my house!!

The Jackson Archtop is like the Charvel 750, only even more desirable! I prefer 25.5" scale for most any non-LP guitar.
              Then this is the one you need (or the later JDM version)! I've found two current owners now (aside from myself), and one former owner. I've found a total of three for sale in Japan (one of which I bought). There is one for sale currently, but it's a little rough.

EDIT: That one has sold - would have sold within the last month. So the stats are:
              - Three (3) current owners, including myself
              - One (1) former owner
              - Three (3) sold in Japan (one of which I bought)
              = Grand total of a maximum of six (6) accounted for worldwide.

Last edited by Jr.; 02-21-2022, 05:43 PM.

Comment

No probably the rarest Japanese Jackson is the JCF DK2 LE. It was the 1 hum DK. I used to own one years ago I think mine ended up in Turkey.

Comment

I think they made 30 or 40 for a music store in Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Predator1 View Post
                    I think they made 30 or 40 for a music store in Texas.
                    So it was a shop order, as opposed to a normal production model from a catalogue?

Comment

Yes, I forget the name of the shop but the went out of business a short time afte these came out. They came with a single EMG pickup. Nice guitar but I sold it to fund something else.

Comment

Originally posted by Predator1 View Post
                        Yes, I forget the name of the shop but the went out of business a short time afte these came out. They came with a single EMG pickup. Nice guitar but I sold it to fund something else.
                        Shop orders are in a category of their own. They're all rare, and there were plenty of different shop order models.
                        If only we could investigate the history of all shop order models.

Comment

"Shop order" limited runs seem somewhat rare in our Jackson/Charvel fan world, compared to special run Ibanez RGs I see advertised and shared at least a couple times a year in the Ibanez RG Fans group on Facebook.

I can only think of the JCF01 Rhoads, the JCF02 Big Red, and the DK2LE.

If I recall, it was Kevin Easton's shop in Texas that helped organize the DK2LE run in the 2000s. It was the first maple-boarded DK2 ever, preceding even the DK2M.

Comment

Limited runs and shop orders aren't the same thing in my world. Maybe it's different elsewhere, but in Japan, shop order models are ordered in limited quantities with custom specs by specific retailers, whereas limited runs are initiated by the manufacturers. I thought what Predator1 was describing was a shop order.

Comment

Interesting terminology. I see your point.

Either way, non-standard (non-production) models are going to be very limited (I used that word broadly) in nature.

What would you call a small batch of models that are designed by customers? The DK2LE would qualify as that. JCFers designed that, and Kevin Easton's shop was the mediator because customers cannot buy straight from Jackson.

By your definition, a "shop model" that comes to mind is a Music Zoo SL2HV. Music Zoo came up with the specifications of that Soloist and ordered them.

By your definition, a "limited run" initiated by Jackson or Charvel would be the 1998 Shannon Soloist (50 or 52 in black, 56 in blue ghost flames, and a handful in rarer colors). What quantity of pieces qualifies as limited? In a way, almost anything could be limited especially if production on a model ends at some point. Though the 2008-2009 Charvel USA Production Model Batch Custom Colors were all production models, the colors were never released again once a Batch finished. But I would not call those guitars a limited run.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                                Interesting terminology. I see your point.

Either way, non-standard (non-production) models are going to be very limited (I used that word broadly) in nature.

What would you call a small batch of models that are designed by customers? The DK2LE would qualify as that. JCFers designed that, and Kevin Easton's shop was the mediator because customers cannot buy straight from Jackson.

By your definition, a "shop model" that comes to mind is a Music Zoo SL2HV. Music Zoo came up with the specifications of that Soloist and ordered them.

By your definition, a "limited run" initiated by Jackson or Charvel would be the 1998 Shannon Soloist (50 or 52 in black, 56 in blue ghost flames, and a handful in rarer colors). What quantity of pieces qualifies as limited? In a way, almost anything could be limited especially if production on a model ends at some point. Though the 2008-2009 Charvel USA Production Model Batch Custom Colors were all production models, the colors were never released again once a Batch finished. But I would not call those guitars a limited run.
                                Not sure about how a limited run would be defined beyond it being specified as a limited run by the manufacturer, eg., the Soloist Archtop Limited 1991 - limited in quantity or time of production. Shop orders being initiated by customers I guess would still be shop orders, right? Pretty cool that that has happened though - makes them more special.

Comment

Working...
                                X