Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first paintjob a JS20 Bengal! Any tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My first paintjob a JS20 Bengal! Any tips?

Thanks guys, The paint was a can of Duplicolor Silver lacquer sprayed over the stock dark metallic blue. It was finished off with 2 cans of Duplicolor clear lacquer.

jacksonfan
    Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]
      Nice bengal job! I love bengals.

Did you cut the bengal shapes from masking tape yourself or can you buy bengal shaped tape?

[/ QUOTE ]
      Well! Firstly, you have to sneak up behind the tiger with a marker pen & some tracing paper........

[/ QUOTE ]

They hate when you do that though. It tickles. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      Occupy JCF

Comment

Good job bro! That looks killer! I need to refin my model 6 but I wouldn't know where to begin, being a neck thru and all...

Comment

Terrific-looking job. Looks very professional to my eyes. Can't wait to see the final, fully-assembled guitar. Congratulations on that one! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
          Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Jacksonfan-Great Job! A great site for tips on finishing see www.reranch.com. They have a forum over there as well. Bill sells primarily the nitro lacquer variety, but many on the forum use the acrylics and polyurethane's as well. In the products section there are instructions on solids, sunbursts, clear coats, wet sanding and buffing. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

can't waite to see pics of the finished product, great job !

Comment

Working...
              X