No announcement yet.

New JS30s are on the Jackson website!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New JS30s are on the Jackson website!

You can suffocate them with that cushy pillow though... it's not a schoolgirls-in-nighties pillowfight we're talking about. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

amen bro ! thats why I haven't got one yet , but I think the dots look ok on the warrior though cause that is already a radical shape with out fins , but the rest of em suck with out em //Steve

Comment

You can buy those MOP sticker blanks and cut out some sharkfins (or other custom inlays) yourself in an hour. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          but dot inlays on the radical shapes (Warrior, Rhoads, Kelly, KV) are really hurting the Jackson brand name and image - you cannot appear aggressive with dots;

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, you're forgetting my awesome idea to ebonize JS30 fretboards, making the dots disappear!

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...art=1&vc=1
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

...And once the dots are gone, you can slap on some MOP sharkfin stickers. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I think I might do that with my KE3...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              ... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I think I might do that with my KE3...

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? You mean, put MOP stickers OVER the MOTO fins?
              Hmmm, let me know how that goes, I may want to try that on my King V.

Comment

Yup! I think I will trace the reverse sharkfins onto thin paper, then use the paper as a template for the reverse MOP sharkfin stickers so that the fins will fit exactly over the old fins. That will be after I ebonize all my rosewood boards... that will be in a few days! Pics and thread to come in the Tech Q&A section. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The JCF Turd Polisher shall strike again! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Dammit, I hate that phrase! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

What you & I & Newc are doing deserves a better phrase than that.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I know. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] But Import Modder sounds so blahhhhhhh. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I had a JK-20 that was made in India....complete JUNK. I'm all for imports but I'll never get anything from India again.

Comment

just picked up one of these yesterday, JS30WR. After playing the **** out of it it's not bad at all. i know Ron has already put up a review I agree with everything except the pickups. they were better than the usual low end pickups but still not all that great. the neck is real nice, just wish it had some fins. we'll see how this thing holds up in the long run.
                        1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

My local shop has some JS30s.. a dinky, a kelly and a couple rhoads. Haven't played 'em though. Maybe I will tomorrow

Comment

Does anyone know if they are made of alder or cedar?

Comment

cedar for sure i had to widen the hole for the jack a little bit.
                              1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Working...
                              X